We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn at Crystal Beach

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Poplar Bluff...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Inn at Crystal Beach

We have always stayed on the east end of Scenic 98 but this year there will be a few more of us so we had to get a larger unit so we would have enough room. I rented a unit at the Inn at Crystal Beach and was just wondering if anyone has stayed there. Was it good, bad or so-so? The pool looks a little small but that's not that big of a deal breaker. Also how about the restaurant 790 on the Gulf? We have been to Destin the last 8 years but this is one we have never eaten at.

22 days and counting them down !!!!!!

1. Re: Inn at Crystal Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:47 am, March 30, 2014
Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn at Crystal Beach

re the restaurant, we preferred eating outside for lunch as opposed to inside for dinner.

Just MHO on this, I found the dining room noisy. It's been at least two years since I did eat inside, but found the plastic tablecloths a bit cheap looking for a restaurant of the caliber they want you to think it is. At that time the service left something to be desired, as in the training they gave their staff and what was expected of them. Hopefully, things have improved. The food was closer to what you would expect - no complaints. Again, just MNSHO.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inn at Crystal Beach

790 has become very popular with the locals, especially for lunch- and for good reason! No plastic inside and they also have some great happy hour specials.

Destin
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Inn at Crystal Beach

You should be happy with The Inn at Crystal Beach. Best location in Destin, great restaurant with one of the best Happy Hours in town. The pool is definitely not the largest in Destin, but it is gulf front and since the Inn is one of the smaller complexes (only 55 units), the pool is not as crowded as some larger complexes where more people share it.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inn at Crystal Beach

I like The Inn at Crystal Beach a lot. The unit we stayed in a few years ago had a spacious feel. I liked the master bath set up with one sink in a dressing area and the other in the bathroom. The closet was huge. The only thing I think is odd about the place is taking the elevator to the beach and walking between the bar and the restaurant. It's a strange layout. Other than that we liked it very much. Yes, the pool is on the small side. The bar and restaurant are a plus and there is an exercise room. I'd rate it as a very nice place to stay.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inn at Crystal Beach

We were just there today and I think it's a terrific choice. We saw some rooms a few years ago and were very impressed. Unfortunately our food was a bit uneven, but the view is fabulous, inside or out.

Poplar Bluff...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Inn at Crystal Beach

Thanks guys. I'm sure we will be able to "battle" through any small inconveniences that come our way. Everything I've read about the place seemed pretty good. As long as there is a cold Coors Light and a chair to park in I will be a happy man.

8. Re: Inn at Crystal Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, June 18, 2013