We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Restoration

Virginia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Beach Restoration

Just wanting a 1st hand local update on the progress of the Beach Restoration Project in Destin. How far have they gone and is the projected finish date still end of June? Staying near the Mainsail in June. Also, does this affect the asthetic value of the harbour area (AJ's etc) since this is where the sand is being pumped out of? One more question for those in the know - there was a large high rise condo under construction last year to the West of the Mainsail, maybe 500 yards away,,is it finished and open? Never did find out the name. Thanks for any feedback

mars
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Restoration

You will be fine at Mainsail in June. The project is presently moving East from Sandestin.

The sand for this project is NOT coming from the harbor. It comes from a site about 3000 feet from the entrance to the harbor out in the Gulf of Mexico.

No, the condo you are referring to is not finished.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Restoration

The official website for the project estimates that the work around Mainsail will be done the week of April 10. I have been watching the website closely since I am planning to be in Mainsail the week of May 13-20.

Here is the link:

protectwaltoncountybeaches.com/wwcb-WeeklyUp…

ohio
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Restoration

Does anyone know if beach chairs can be placed in front of the Crescent at Miramar beach at this time? I see from the link they are setting up another line to bring sand to the beach.

MO
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Restoration

Any info as to the Miramar beach area at the end of May?

mars
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Restoration

Aerial photos. Please read the caption as to when they were taken.

photosflorida.com/images/…index.html