We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Area to Stay In

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Topic
Best Area to Stay In

Hello! We are thinking about heading to Destin in early April (over Easter). While checking out VRBO, there are 8 "areas" to search, from Holiday Isle to Sandestin. Feeling a bit overwhelmed! Where would be the best area for a family of 4 (children 5 and 8) to stay? I'm open to searching myself or specific condo/home suggestions. Would love to be on the beach - or at least very close! Coming from cold WI. :)

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,277 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Area to Stay In

The water is still chilly here in April. I don't usually go in without a wetsuit until Mid-May.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Area to Stay In

Early April is a very popular time to go.....Someone else would be a better resource to help with the Destin condos, but I just thought I'd suggest looking at Fort Walton Beach/Okaloosa Island. There are a couple of resorts with waterparks that you may be interested in: Waterscape & Destin West. Both are just a couple of miles from Destin.

Guymon, Oklahoma
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Area to Stay In

Our family of 3 would like to visit Destin for the first time this summer. We've never been to Florida and we are looking forward to seeing it for the first time. Our daughter is 14yrs and we'd like suggestions re: the best place to stay that is near good restaurants and coffee/breakfast shops and fun activities to do. We're just uncertain re: which area would be best to stay.

Thanks!!

Edited: 11:00 pm, April 29, 2012
4. Re: Best Area to Stay In

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, May 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Destin