We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandestin amenitiy cards?

Cleveland, Oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sandestin amenitiy cards?

I am renting from someone on vrbo, they do not have amenity cards, can I purchase them from the resort or do I not need them. Thankyou in advance

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sandestin amenitiy cards?

I would ask the VBRO people to arrange it for me. I don't think you can just walk up and purchase the cards, but I could be wrong.

Middletown, Oh
Level Contributor
631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sandestin amenitiy cards?

Kauilani,

It really depends on what you want to do. I have rented at Sandestin and received the card but never made use of it. In case you don't know below is a list of things the card will get you.

* Free children's activities.

* Four hours of free bicycle rental.

* One hour free rental of canoes, kayaks and boogie boards.

* An hour of free tennis court time.

* Free access to the Sandestin Fitness Center.

* Free resort-wide tram and water shuttle transportation service.

* Free cane fishing poles for the kids to fish our many stocked ponds.

As far a the free tram and water shuttle that's free to everyone anyway.

There are other things the card will give you a discount on but in my opinion not worth it.

I'm not sure of the cost or if you can even purchase it on your own but I don't think I would worry.

Jim

Mentioned in this post
Sandestin
Sandestin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Cleveland, Oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: sandestin amenitiy cards?

Most of those things sound like things we would like to do. Do you know anything about the different neighborhoods? I found a townhouse in Tivoli. Do you think if we don't have a card we couldn't use those things?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sandestin amenitiy cards?

You will have to pay to use them without the card. But, the card doesn't make them totally free either.

The tram is free to all who stay there.

Trivoli is very nice. It is up on a hill on the beach side.

Go here;

http://sandestin.com/virtual_resort.asp

Press on neighborhoods, then beachside. Move your curser over the dots and you will see Trivoli.

Cleveland, Oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: sandestin amenitiy cards?

Since I know nothing about Destin, does anyone have a suggestion of where we should stay. Does anyone know about Beach Retreats?

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Middletown, Oh
Level Contributor
631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sandestin amenitiy cards?

Kauilani... that is a tough question to answer. There are so many nice places in Destin. But you will not be disappointed as long as you do your research and pick the place that is right for you.

If you list some of the amenities you are looking for I'm sure you will get lots of good suggestions. Some of the things to consider may be the number of bedrooms you need, do you have to have beach front, do you want a condo or a hotel, do you want to walk to everything, or is driving ok.... What places or kinds of places do you normaly stay in?

Jim

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Cleveland, Oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: sandestin amenitiy cards?

We travel with another family. We have always rented 2-2bdrm condo's. This year we thought we would try 1-house,villa (i have found some 3&4 bdrm homes with private pools) We like..the beach, pools, playgrounds, sightseeing, the men like to workout, I'd rather not drive too much, but will. Oh, we stay for 2 weeks.

Middletown, Oh
Level Contributor
631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sandestin amenitiy cards?

Since you are now looking for recommendations on a place to stay you may want to repost with a different title so you get more responses.

The Sandestin Resort is a very nice place. I have stayed there twice. Lots of amenities. Especially nice if you have teenagers as they can catch the tram to different parts of the resort. The Baytowne Wharf is a nice place in the resort with restaurants and shops. Of course there are some very nice golf courses. It is a nice upscale safe place.

If you don't know about www.vrbo.com you may want to check it out. Lots of Destin rentals on this website. I'm partial to the homes and condos on Scenic Gulf Drive. We rented a home in the "Destiny West" gated community. Very nice homes with a nice pool with waterfall. The homes here are not on the beach but are a short walk down a gated street that ends into a nice small city park on the beach. The park has a shelter and resrooms and there is a restaurant/bar and icecream shop. It was our favorite trip.

Jim

Mentioned in this post
Sandestin
Sandestin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Cleveland, Oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: sandestin amenitiy cards?

I have used VRBO, and I have found some nice places, There are soo many resorts in Destin, the only thing about Sandestin is the Amenity cards, a rental agency said you need them, but then they also said the cards just give you a discount. I spoke to a renter and he said you don't need them. Either you do or you don't, I don't think there is an in-between. With that said, would another resort be better? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Sandestin
Sandestin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Middletown, Oh
Level Contributor
631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sandestin amenitiy cards?

Kauilani... if you think Sandestin is a place you would truly enjoy I would not let the amenity card get in the way. It is not a necessity. Sandestin is a beautiful resort. All of the things the card entitles you too you can do without the card... you will just have to pay a little more. But then you probably are not paying as much for the condo rental. Someone once told me what it costs for an owner in Sandestin to purchase amenity cards... I think it was over $1,000.

Jim

Mentioned in this post
Sandestin
Sandestin
Florida Panhandle, FL