We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dewey Destins, which location is better?

Ontario
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dewey Destins, which location is better?

Hi there, we are coming down to Destin on August 20th and in the past we have always gone to Dewey Destins. I see now they have a second location, just wondered if either location is better or if the food/service is the same.

Thanks

ddawger

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dewey Destins, which location is better?

For me it depends on my mood. I'd prefer the original for lunch on a nice day and the new one for a dinner on a nice night out. The food is basically the same- very good. At the new one ask the waiter what came in today and order it.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dewey Destins, which location is better?

JoeMammy is right! Food is great at both places. It depends on what you are looking for as far as atmosphere. We went to the original after jet skiing, parasailing in our semi-wet clothes, we were just fine at their picnic tables. I would probably not do that at their harbor location. The menu at the harbor has more choices for the non-seafood eaters.

Ontario
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dewey Destins, which location is better?

Thanks Joe, Kelkac, we will see how we feel then since the food is good at either place. The old one has always been great for us as the kids are quite happy watching the fish swimming under the dock, the boats, pelicans and so on. Its always fun to go to new places to though and I like the idea of asking what is fresh that day.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
199 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dewey Destins, which location is better?

I have to second JM's suggestion as far as asking about the freshest fish. We went to the new Dewey's our first night back in June, I had the trigger, and it was about the best piece of fish I've ever eaten. Then we went back on our last night, no trigger, but the snapper was excellent. I have also tried talking to the servers at Harbor Docks about "what just came in" but they always insist that everything is fresh.

Conway, Arkansas
Level Contributor
774 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dewey Destins, which location is better?

I asked this exact same question in June before we got there and never received a response. We went to the one at harbor docks, because we like to stroll around there in the evenings anyway. It was wonderful and the service was excellent. I had bacon-wrapped shrimp; Very, Very, delicious! It was extremely crowded though, as it was raining and the outdoor part wasn't being used.

Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dewey Destins, which location is better?

We love love love Deweys! But we have never been to the new one yet. Might have to go there in October.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dewey Destins, which location is better?

We tried the new one last year a few times and really liked it. We went back Tuesday at lunch time. It was not very crowded which surprised me since it was raining. We were immediatley seated. The waitress came and took our order. Service was very slow. It took us over 45 minutes after we ordered to get our food. We ordered off the lunch menu and nothing difficult, just a shrimp basket and shrimp quesadillas. I hope it was an off day. We never had slow service last year and it was much more crowded since the outside seating was also being used. This year only the inside tables and the ones on the deck were in use.

8. Re: Dewey Destins, which location is better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:50 am, November 29, 2011
Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
1,222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dewey Destins, which location is better?

i still enjoy the dive quality of the orginal and the pelicans on the pier, but food is equally good at either. enjoy!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
27 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dewey Destins, which location is better?

This was our first year to go to Deweys by the Harbor. Air conditioned. Very nice...you actually sit first and get a menu which is unlike the other Deweys where you order first and grab whatever table you can find. Deweys serves really good food and yet to ever be disappointed. Ate there twice last week. Its really nice having a waiter wait help you and bring you all the tea you want and by the way they have great tea. Its my #1 place.