We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing with kids

Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
32 reviews
5 helpful votes
Fishing with kids

Hello. Thank you for all your post. It's been really helpful in planning our trip there. I've read a lot of it. It's been great reading.

My husband and my 4 year old son would like to go fishing. Any recommendations on who we should book with? My husband loves fishing but I'm worried about my son being too young and will be board on the boat. Also hoping to take the fish home to freeze. Would like to know what service might we use to pack the fish, so we can take it on a long journey home. How long will it keep before we have to get it in our freezer? As you can tell, I know little about fishing :)

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
1. Re: Fishing with kids

4 is pretty young for those long days fishing. I do know there are some bay charters that might be more up his ally. If you really want the deep sea fishing I would say 1/2 a day. If you are staying in a condo. We always go early in our trip so we can put it in the freezer and have it frozen solid and it will stay frozen in a good ice chest going home.

How long is your trip?

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
618 posts
20 reviews
16 helpful votes
2. Re: Fishing with kids

4 is young for a proper fishing charter,let alone pricey.....beat bet one of those party boat fishing trips the ones that take 30 to 50 out but they only go for the smaller fish..... ascribed seafood, will ice it for u

NC
Level Contributor
381 posts
34 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: Fishing with kids

I am also looking to go fishing with son, but he is 7. I found many options, but I think party boat is best suited for us. I like what I see on the SWOOP. Anyone have opinion on SWOOP or other part boats?

Thanks

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,491 posts
72 reviews
22 helpful votes
4. Re: Fishing with kids

My husband & grown son have been on this one a couple of times: http://www.destinpartyboatfishing.com/

Enjoyed it... but it was not during the busy summer season, so it wasn't crowded.

There is also the Okaloosa Pier to fish from: http://www.okaloosaislandpier.com/

Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
32 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Fishing with kids

Thank you everyone. I'll check out some companies. Please keep the advice coming on fishing. Really excited about this trip. Thinking of doing dolphin sunset cruise. Heard good things about Seablaster.

Wichita Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
766 posts
6. Re: Fishing with kids

The Original Sea Blaster is great for kids. They get to drive the boat and you will get some great pictures.

7. Re: Fishing with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 29, 2012