We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami/Key West??

6 posts
Save Topic
Miami/Key West??

Planning a vacation with my best friend and need help on where to go.

We are both 27- looking for nice beaches, shopping, and night life!

Any suggestions?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami/Key West??

If the choice is Miami v. Key West and you're looking for night life, I suggest Miami all the way. There's a non-stop party scene in upscale and trendy spots. Be prepared to drop some cash though, it ain't cheap. And be prepared to dress to impress. The huge mall down there - I can't remember the name - something coral maybe? - is amazing.

If you want the prettiest beaches, Destin is the winner.

location, location...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami/Key West??

Destin wins the beach contest. They have an outlet mall with all the popular stores. Destin Commons is a new mall and they have a Bass Pro Shop (lol....that's where I go) and some high end stores for the ladies. Lots of other shopping but why go to destin to shop?

What kind of night life you want? There's the tiki style bars, dance clubs, excellent restaurants, etc. I've been to KW and Destin and Destin does it for me.

Also, you didn't say when you wanted to go. If warmth is your goal from now thru mid-March, head to KW/Miami.

Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question