We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baked Again

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Baked Again

How is the weather and water temp when you come in March?

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Baked Again

cold and cold

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baked Again

It up in the air. March can be a tricky month.

Try looking at

www.wunderground.com

It will give you historical data. Zip code in Destin is 32541

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baked Again

hhhmmmm....decisions, decisions. I think we may come in April. Maybe it won't be cold...fingers crossed

Foley, Alabama
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baked Again

May is a better month. the water temp in April is still too chilly for a decent swim.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Baked Again

May is a good month. BEFORE the holiday. No crowds either. Water still a bit chilly, but beautiful weather.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baked Again

I think i'm going to take my kids on their Spring Break...which is the second week of April. I wish i could wait until May. I hate being on the beach when it's cold but maybe it won't be so bad. I have gone to the beach in April and it hasn't been cold but it was in Daytona. I guess you can't know for sure how the weather will be. I have to make reservations now though if i want to find a place to stay.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Baked Again

Here - This may help when it comes to judging the crowds.

www.updates.destin-fwb.com/SpringBreak/

There will be a lot of Louisana people in town, but looks like the second week of April is just about the last of the Spring Break.

NOTE: Most places in Destin do not rent to people under the age of 25. The Holiday Inn and Pelican Beach do, so you may want to steer clear of that area.

Atlanta, GA
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Baked Again

To CORRECT some mis-information posted by SEMCO ...

Pelican Beach DOES NOT rent to students or singles under the age of 25 unless accompanied by a parent or adult guardian. We have friends who are owners there ....

Check their web site: www.pelican-beach.com

Outside of St...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Baked Again

I took my advanced scuba referral course in Destin [with Emerald Coast Scuba] in April [several years ago] and we plan yearly dive trips there [usually April or late September]. There are always people on the beach during these months, plus if you miss spring break there are few crowds on the beaches, on the boats, or in the restaurants.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Baked Again

Note - to correct Beachgoer - Many units ARE rented to groups of kids under the age of 25. In fact, the college student who fell off one of the upper floor balconey's and died was part of one of those groups.

Not all rental units are handled by the resort. 25% of the units are handled by others.

The RESORT is very well known as a party spot during Spring Break. The Resort may have changed the rules when the college kid went splat in the sand, but the other 100 units they cannot account for.