We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve/week after Christmas - What to do in Rosemary

Lexington
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Year's Eve/week after Christmas - What to do in Rosemary

Hi all! We spend every summer in Rosemary Beach (IN Rosemary Beach) at a flat for a week and we (Ok me) are seriously considering coming for the days after Christmas thru the New Year. Normally we go to Myrtle Beach where they have the indoor lazy rivers, pools, jacuzzi's, etc. MB also has the Broadway equivilant shows, dining, putt-putt, shopping. Mostly, we stay at the hotel and enjoy their amenities. Weather permits walking the beach and we do enjoy looking for sharks teeth and digging in the sand but not enjoying much more than that and sometimes we do get snow flurries. My birthday is New Year's Eve so we always take our young boys to a show and to dinner beforehand. Can you tell me what we would enjoy doing in Rosemary Beach/Seaside/Destin/PCB? Our kids love the sand, pools and anyting water realated and could care less about anything else really, so our concern is that they would not have much to do if the weather was cold.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! My loyalties are being torn! lol We have to book a condo in either place soon!

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve/week after Christmas - What to do in Rosemary

There won't quite be the same amount of entertainment on 30A as Myrtle beach, of course, that's what makes 30A so great! Check out the Seaside and Rosemary calendars, next year I'm determined to make pottery in Seaside, there's a movie theater in Panama City and Destin. Destin has a new shopping/restaurant area at a new high rise.

I'd recommend you check out www.sowal.com; that site is for all of hwy 30A and many locals are on the forums there so they can give you the most accurate holiday scoop!

PCB
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve/week after Christmas - What to do in Rosemary

The village at baytowne Wharf also has alot going on during the holiday season and for New Years.

www.baytownewharf.com/events.asp…

It seems they have an ice skating ring, Santa, a short play (The Christmas carol), and lots of Music.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve/week after Christmas - What to do in Rosemary

walk down the beach thinking how good the sun is going to feel on your back on the way back...relax and enjoy!

Lexington
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve/week after Christmas - What to do in Rosemary

Thank you all! My birthday gift has been decided and we have booked our regular summer flat. Now we are just anxiously awaiting for our vacation to begin. Yes, it's true that it will be a bit more of a laid back New Year's Eve and birthday for me and our family. What's the saying? "Out with the old, in with the new!" I believe that with the start of a new year, our family will have some new memories.

I have looked at the links that you guided me to and we are trying to decide on what to do and where to go to watch fireworks and how to bring in the New Year. It's been a while since we were not allowed to shoot off fireworks as they are legal in S.C. Every year we watch them from the balcony hotel up and down the coast. We usually go out, if even for a short time.

5. Re: New Year's Eve/week after Christmas - What to do in Rosemary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:26 am, October 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Destin