We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destin at Spring Break

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
99 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Destin at Spring Break

I am trying to decide if I can handle Destin over Spring Break. This would be our first trip. Our youngest child will be a senior in high school and thought he might like to go to Destin, because some of his friends could come to. My husband and I agreed to rent a large condo/house and buy gorceries, if his friends got themselves there by either flying or driving. In the past we have always done the family thing, but our older son is in college now and has a different Break week. I have been to Orlando, Las Vegas, and Atlantis (Bahamas) for previous Spring Breaks and survived. Will Destin be worse in terms of crowds than those spots? Help!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destin at Spring Break

Although Destin does get it's share of spring breakers, most of them pass through and head to Panama City where there is much more "spring break action".

The police beef up their beach watch during spring break and you always read letters to the editor from condo owners complaining about all of the late night partying and litter left behind on the beach.

I really don't notice much difference other than traffic intenifies to worse than normal.

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Florida Panhandle, FL