We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scam Alert !!!!! Destin Travelers !!!!!!

Mars
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
Scam Alert !!!!! Destin Travelers !!!!!!

Dont fill out any Questionares when you leave Destin Resturants, they will tell you no strings attached and promise you a dinner for 2 or something, and if you fill it out they will totally ruin your vacation and call you everyday. Be WARNED !!

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scam Alert !!!!! Destin Travelers !!!!!!

You say this is happening outside the restaurants? Which ones? Why do they call? What do they want?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scam Alert !!!!! Destin Travelers !!!!!!

Streaker

Your posting is very ambiguous - It would be better and a lot clearer if you provided precise details.

Who the heck is "they", anyway ???

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scam Alert !!!!! Destin Travelers !!!!!!

I've been dining in Destin restaurants for years and have never been asked to fill out a questionaire.

The only places I can even think of that have people outside in a little booth is The Lucky Snapper and Fudpuckers, but they are just offering tourist info.

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scam Alert !!!!! Destin Travelers !!!!!!

There are a couple of those booths that are run by a local time share. I think there may be a questionaire involved, but you don't have to participate if you don't want to.

From my understanding, when you accept the free whatever, you are agreeing to tour the timeshare and sit through a presentation for a couple of hours.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Scam Alert !!!!! Destin Travelers !!!!!!

We ate at Captain Kidd's last year and they had a booth out front but we just walked on by. You don't have to participate.

We did go to a Time Share Program but it was a waste of time but we did it on a rainy afternoon. I would love to have property in Destin but not this way. Go shopping instead.

Frisco (Dallas), TX
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scam Alert !!!!! Destin Travelers !!!!!!

Last time we visited we got a phone call at the condo from some company saying the same type thing. We didn't fill out anything anywhere. I think the owner gave this place our name.

Mars
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Scam Alert !!!!! Destin Travelers !!!!!!

Yeah, its a Scam to get your Hotel / Condo personal info so they can give you a speach on how GREAT an Investment Opportunity it is.Smart People dont give out that information for a free Dinner and much less sit and watch the presentation for 2 hours while your on Vacation.But I guess there are some Idiots out there with to much money on there Heads .

8. Re: Scam Alert !!!!! Destin Travelers !!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:47 pm, July 28, 2005