We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best romantic restaurant with great food?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Best romantic restaurant with great food?

My wife and I will be in Destin/FWB for our 12th anniversary and since we are vacationing this with family we have baby sitters!! I am looking for a nice romantic place that serves outstanding food. It can be anywhere from Seaside to FWB or further west if needed.

Any help is appreciated.

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best romantic restaurant with great food?

Marina Cafe. It is on the Harbor with fabulous service. Or Destin Chops, same owner, also on the Harbor.

Reservations are required and please tell them it is your anniversary.

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best romantic restaurant with great food?

I haven't eaten at these since we always are with child and no babysitter, but here's word of mouth (so to speak)

Bud and Alley's at Seaside

Copper Grill in Destin (miramar)

Criolla's on 30A

Destin Chops

....I've heard good about all of these, but honestly can't say firsthand.

Happy Anniversary!

We celebrated out 15th in Seaside a few years ago by renewing our vows on the beach and staying at the honeymoon cottages. Barefoot on the sand early in the morning...no better way to tell someone you STILL want to spend the rest of your life with him.

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best romantic restaurant with great food?

Yes, Criolla's is a great place. A special treat I must say!

IL
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best romantic restaurant with great food?

At one time didn't you need a coat and tie to eat at Marina Cafe? Is there a dress code?

Sandestin
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best romantic restaurant with great food?

I've dined in Marina Cafe many times...no tie required! The food is excellent, great harbor views, and a attentive and competent wait staff. It would be my first choice.

I would also highly recommend Bistro Bijeau in Sandestin's Village of Baytowne Wharf and Borago at Grayton Beach. They don't have the views, but everything else is first-class.

I've been to Criolla's and was disappointed.

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best romantic restaurant with great food?

Check out

www.marinacafe.com

There is a link to Destin Chops.

I KNOW you need a coat at Criollas.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best romantic restaurant with great food?

Its been along time but we ate at the Lighthouse...........very dim lighting, candles, white table cloths great food, homemade bread. I thought it was very romantic.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best romantic restaurant with great food?

Thanks for all the suggestions, so far I am leaning towards steakhouse but you never know what will sound good when the time comes.

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best romantic restaurant with great food?

You may want to check out Cafe Tango.It is a small house that has maybe 10 tables and requires reservations.The food is wonderful and anything from seafood to steak,and very attentive waiters.Candlelight and low lighting.Along 30-a,I believe in blue mtn. beach.Prices were comparable to the other places mentioned.