We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

must do's in destin

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arkansas
4 posts
Save Topic
must do's in destin

We are planning our first trip do the Destin area. We arrive on the the 13th!!!! I need some ideas for must do's. We are planning on renting wave runners and taking a dolphin cruise. We need ideas that are kid friendly (ages 7,11 and 14).

arkansas
4 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: must do's in destin

I seen something on the gulfarium thing as well, but was told there was a better one in panama city.. any thoughts on that?

Jefferson, Georgia
Level Contributor
73 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: must do's in destin

The Gulfarium is perfect for a six year old. Sure, it is small, and seems kind of old, but they have plenty of marine animals to thrill the kids. It is very convenient if you are staying in Destin or Ft. Walton. My wife and I went without children last year and thoroughly enjoyed the spotted dolphin encounter (that was why we went). I am sure that they could use the business, as they had to close down for a while last year after Ivan. I just hope they are still in business when my one year old son is old enough to enjoy it. Their website is gulfarium.com.

Darke Co. Ohio
Level Contributor
82 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: must do's in destin

Their is a sailboat "Nathaniel Bowditch" that does a shelling cruise into the bay, It was just over the bridge by the "Red Snapper" It was great, they anchor and throw a line to shore and you can swim up to the shallow water, We have two kids 4-6 that loved it, Also sailed in the bay watching Dolphins, Well worth the trip.