We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's new?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
What's new?

Been cleaning my house for a few hours - just wondered if I missed anything?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What's new?

Well, since you ladies are being polite and civil, I will join in momentarily - found this on Encarta:

Frangipani or Temple Tree, small deciduous tree native to Mexico and cultivated in tropical countries for its fragrant flowers. Frangipani grows to a height of 6 m (20 ft). It has long pointed leaves, 7.6 cm (3 in) wide and more than 30 cm (1 ft) long, and large, funnel-shaped flowers. Frangipani���s white blooms, flushed yellow on the inside, flower through the year. The blossoms are used in vast numbers in Africa and Asia for making ceremonial garlands.

Scientific classification: Frangipani is a member of the family Apocynaceae. It is classified as Plumeria rubra.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What's new?

Oh goodness, I spoke too soon, the civility has been corrupted.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What's new?

I was about to join in as well linda, looking forward to flower talk and getting away from the nastiness. :(

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What's new?

Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water......

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: What's new?

Very interesting! Mine doesn't bloom white, so it must be another member of the family. They are quite common in the Keys. It occured to me just as I posted that I should go look the darn thing up, so thanks for doing it for me! I think the degradation of conversation in certain quarters has turned my brain to mush.

I'm off tomorrow to see what KW looks like.