We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Brunch?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, OH
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Sunday Brunch?

Are there any resturants that offer a good Sunday brunch? We had some really good ones in other areas of FL. We are going in May and this will be our first trip to the Destin area. I have faithfully been reading all your tips and suggestions. I tried doing a search for brunch and many of the posts were a few years old so I thought I'd see if there is anything new?

Thanks for your help!

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
531 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Brunch?

I've never done a brunch while in Destin but you might see if Royal B's does a brunch. They're part of the Brennan family of New Orleans. We had dinner there and the shrimp creole was the best I'd ever eaten!

Canton, OH
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Brunch?

Thanks for the suggestion. I did email them and they are open for brunch but it is ala carte. I was hoping for a place like The Castaway near Tampa. It was a wonderful, all you can eat brunch with excellent choices. I guess nothing like that in Destin?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Brunch?

What does Castaway do? Without knowing what you are looking for it is hard to recommend.

I do, however, recommend Royal B's. There is also a place in Grayton Beach called Fire that is quite good. Here is their website.

http://www.restaurantfire.com/

If you are looking for a huge buffet, there use to be one at the Hilton, but I ate there ONE time and it was dreadful. I LOVE Sunday brunch and don't understand why there are not more places here. It has always been a mystery to me.

Now, if you are not looking for anything fancy, just a good selection of breakfast food and omelet station go to Golden Corral. On Saturday and Sunday they offer a breakfast buffet.

champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
246 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Brunch?

I would check out Rutherfords 465. I believe they are moving to a new location but their brunch in the past was very good.

Good Luck!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Brunch?

It looks like you order off the menu there as well. Here is the webiste

http://www.rutherfords465.com

Here is the brunch menu -

rutherfords465.com/pdf/Sunday%20Brunch.pdf

NorthWestOhio
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Brunch?

When we were in Destin this winter, there was a Sunday brunch buffet at Sunset Charlie's in the Surfside building in Miramar Beach. We thought it was an excellent offering for about $13, I believe. The dishes changed from week to week, but there was an omelet station and carved ham in addition to the usual breakfast dishes and salads and chicken, etc. One week, the grouper with almonds was excellent. The management and wait staff was friendly and the view of the beach was great. We enjoyed every visit ... but then we like Pompano Joe's and Crab Trap too, which are sometimes dismissed by posters here.

Canton, OH
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Brunch?

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. Sunset Charlie sounds like what we are looking for and will give it a try.

The Castaway in Tampa has an all you can eat type brunch with wonderful pastries, omlet station and everything imaginable and all very high quality. We've also been to one in Fort Worth at the Blue Mesa.

Thanks again to all that replied!

8. Re: Sunday Brunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 24, 2009