We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terra Cotta Terrace, Scenic Gulf Drive (Formerly Scenic Hwy...

McCalla AL
2 posts
Save Topic
Terra Cotta Terrace, Scenic Gulf Drive (Formerly Scenic Hwy...

What information - if any - do you guys know about this area? We normally stay in Gulf Shores, but due to all of the damage are leaning toward Destin.

We are considering renting a house in Terra Cotta Terrace, but are a little worried about it not being really kid friendly.

I am wondering if the walk to the beach might be too far for 3 kids and a lot of beach equipment? The person w/the house says it's just a walk across the street.... (I guess we have to cross Scenic Gulf Drive?)

Also does anyone know about the community pools here? Is the property nicely kept?

I would appreciate ANY info on the area.

Thanks!

Clemson, South...
Level Contributor
385 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terra Cotta Terrace, Scenic Gulf Drive (Formerly Scenic Hwy...

check out jettyeast.net. Jetty East have cheaper rates and is family oriented.

faith

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
870 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terra Cotta Terrace, Scenic Gulf Drive (Formerly Scenic Hwy...

We stayed very near there and really enjoyed the area. We commented that the terra cotta terrace houses looked very nice. I didn't go into the community to know how the community pool is, but I would recommend further checking as I would consider it a possibility for me in the future :)

McCalla AL
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Terra Cotta Terrace, Scenic Gulf Drive (Formerly Scenic Hwy...

Thank you guys for your comments; We are going to stay at Seacrest in Destin. We found a beautiful three bedroom house, close to the beach (I hope!) and their pool is just "unbelievable"!

Another really good site for the panhandle of florida....

http://vacation.southernresorts.com

It's where we found the house we are staying at.

Thanks again!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Terra Cotta Terrace, Scenic Gulf Drive (Formerly Scenic Hwy...

We stayed in Terra Cotta Terrace neighborhood last year. It was great. This is a very beautiful neighborhood. Just right out of Destiny by The Sea. You will be about a block away from the beach. You do have to cross over the road but most motorist are kind and stop for you to cross over. Just a good walk in the morning to the beach. The neighborhood is full of kids or it was last year. Its safe place. If you have alot of gear you can drive up and leave it at the boardwalk and drive the car back to the house and walk back. The pool was clean and refreshing too. We will definitely stay there again. Its a lovely place. Its very convenient to most restaurants too. I do know the Greenreef Townhomes are right beside the beach area that is designated for Terra Cotta Terrace and sometimes the Greenreef would send a guard out to make sure no one was in the Greenreef Beach area. I do know from pictures that I saw after the hurricane that the Greenreef Townhomes were hit pretty hard by the storm. I had taken beautiful pictures of the area and their decks and then I saw pictures on the internet and the decks were totally gone..........very sad. Hopefully they have been able to get it back in shape. It was our first time to rent a house. We usually rent a condo and we loved it.