We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canopies/umbrellas at Sandestin

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth
1 post
Save Topic
canopies/umbrellas at Sandestin

We are staying at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort beginning this weekend. This may have been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know the policy on brining your own umbrella/canopy to the resort guest-only beaches at Sandestin? I don't get too excited about paying to rent these things by the hour. Any info that can be shared will be appreciated.

stl
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canopies/umbrellas at Sandestin

I'd call Sandestin to see if you can bring your own. If you have an amenities card, I think the umbrella and chairs are included.

Frisco (Dallas), TX
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canopies/umbrellas at Sandestin

I've never paid by hour. On the public beach they are $10 for all day from what I remember.

IL
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: canopies/umbrellas at Sandestin

Usually run around $10/day for 1 umbrella, 2 chairs and maybe a small table. Never seen an hourly rate. It's cheaper to rent by the week and you usually can get a good spot.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,821 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: canopies/umbrellas at Sandestin

Hey, there, fellow Fort Worthian (I am actually in North Richland Hills)! When we stayed there, it was well worth it just to deal with the beach service. We were there the week, the guy remembered us each morning and we didn't have to wrangle with the chairs/umbrella. Sorry I don't know for sure if it is taboo to bring your own. As suggested before, all you can do is ask. I'll be curious to read what you find out.

Get answers to your questions about Destin