We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clear ocean water in destin?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wv
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
clear ocean water in destin?

can anyone tell me what the water is like in Destin? I love calm clear water at the beach and may want to travel to Destin this summer... I have been to Clearwater area.. and liked the beach there... but not as "clear" as I would like... any info would be appreciated!!!

IL
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: clear ocean water in destin?

I was in Destin years ago when Hurricane Danny churned up Mobile Bay. Rough seas made for poor water conditions. Cleared up within 3 days. It happens anywhere in the world. For my money, Destin has the best water in the U.S., next to the FLA Keys.

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: clear ocean water in destin?

I am going to Seagrove Beach, what is the water like there? I have read in a couple of places that in that area you can stand in the water up past your knees and see your toes. Just wondering how the area and ocean is in that area?

Hickory, NC
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: clear ocean water in destin?

I have been to both Caribbean and Destin. They are comparable. There is no other water like that, unless you go to the Keys. You won't be disappointed in Destin.

Texas City, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: clear ocean water in destin?

I have to agree with everyone. I went to Destin last July and it was as perfect as I've ever seen. Beautiful, and then some.

I love Destin Beaches!

Get answers to your questions about Destin