We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Destin To The Donut Hole?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Topic
From Destin To The Donut Hole?

We are staying close to Pompano Joe's in Destin and wonder how long it would take to drive to The Donut Hole.

There shouldn't be much of a problem with traffic ( I would hope!), since we plan to go on a Saturday morning around 7 a.m. Is it normally busy early on Sat. mornings?

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Destin To The Donut Hole?

It is VERY busy on Saturday mornings. The only Donut Hole that is open is the one East of Sandestin on Hwy 98. Traffic shouldn't be that bad so early.

You are staying about 4-5 miles West of the Donut Hole. Just go to Hwy 98 heading toward Panama City. After you pass Sandestin start looking to your right. (beach side). It is before the 30-A cut off.

Frisco (Dallas), TX
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Destin To The Donut Hole?

What is the craze about with this Donut Hole place? It's just donuts right?

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Destin To The Donut Hole?

No, it is much more than donuts. It is a wonderful place to have breakfast. Lunches are mainly home type meals.

However, personally, I don't think they have anything up on Cracker Barrel except the atmosphere - much more personal. Plus, they have been here for so long.....

ted
texas
Level Contributor
279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Destin To The Donut Hole?

it's not so much the donuts as it is the actual hole in the middle...hence the name.

Texas City, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Destin To The Donut Hole?

Cracker Barrell = blech!

I know, I know, everyone but me LOVES the cracker barrell. Frankly I like the rocking chairs...don't care much for the over priced food.

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: From Destin To The Donut Hole?

People actually go to the Cracker Barrel without having to go to the bathroom so bad they have to stop and then think, what the heck, Im here anyway?

Im sorry.....that was probably only funny to me..and maybe Beth!