We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pompano Joe's Seafood House

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Topic
Pompano Joe's Seafood House

Have any of you eaten at Pompano Joe's??

How would you rate it?

Texas City, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Pompano Joe's Seafood House

Yeah yeah I get that. I've been to FudPuckers...it's just that Sydney wrote FudRucker, not fudPucker.. lol... All this is making me laugh!

Texas City, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Pompano Joe's Seafood House

Yeah yeah I get all that..I've eaten there at FudPuckers......it's just that Sydney wrote FudRucker, not FudPucker... lol. All this is making me laugh! :) Thanks for the giggle.

So, in essence, Pompano Joe's is like FUDPUCKER, but totally Not like FUDDRUCKER's?? Got it.

Thanks!!

Texas City, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Pompano Joe's Seafood House

wow, that was weird..I began typing and the electricity shut off...I guess it posted my comment even without hitting the "post" key. Spooky!

Johns Creek, Georgia
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Pompano Joe's Seafood House

Oops!! I meant FudPuckers, not FudRuckers...hahaha oops.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Pompano Joe's Seafood House

My grandparents own a house about 100 yrds from pompano joes. I've been eating their since it opened and even when it wasn't pompano joes. For me its perfect, i can walk to it, the atmosphere is great, the service is great, the beach is right there. It never seemed like i've waited more than 30 minutes to be seated. but who cares you can enjoy the beach as you wait anyway. Thats why most people come to destin. Its definately my favorite place in Destin to grab something to eat. But i'm not a local just a regular so my opinion may not be any good. lol

Frisco (Dallas), TX
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Pompano Joe's Seafood House

Go at odd times.. like mid afternoon. I wouldn't think there would be a wait. We went at 4pm in August and walked right in.

Texas City, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Pompano Joe's Seafood House

4pm in August, people were probably at The Home Depot buying masking tape and plywood for the incoming tropical storm or hurricane...!!

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Pompano Joe's Seafood House

I waited 6 hours for 20 sheets of plywood at Home Depot! Quite an amusing wait to say the least! Home Depot set up tents for shade, kept bring around bottled water and many wives went on food runs!

There are better ways to spend your day, starting at 6am, but it was fun seeing many of the locals in one gathering!

Get answers to your questions about Destin