We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please need advice!!

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
forest, ms
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Please need advice!!

Hello,I would like some advice on fishing for my husband and son. Just a nice day trip is what they want, not sure how many hours. Does anyone have any suggestions? I heard about one that was like $40 for a trip. Does anyone know anything about these and are they extremely crowded. Also the girls will go shopping that day, where are the best places? Also does anyone know if the seafood buffet restaurant, Captain Kidds is still open and where is it now? We will be there the week of July2 - 9. Thanks for any imput.

IL
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please need advice!!

The $40 dollar trips are a party boat and can be OK if they don't mind putting up with a bunch of people....they are crowded.

Try this link for a fishing report: http://www.halfhitch.com/default.asp

Best trips are at least 8 hours and can get a little pricey.

This web site is for Kelly Windes boats.

www.Destin-Charter-Fishing.com

Shopping? Silver Sands outlet mall or Destin Commons.

http://www.silversandsoutlet.com/

Don't remember if Capt. Kidds was open. I want to say it's closed but others may know. Try calling them. (850) 650-1666

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please need advice!!

Someone else can probably give you better advise as to which charter you might want to check in to but you won't find an actual fishing charter for $40. When we were there a few weeks ago, I want to say it was more like $80 for the 4 hr. trolling trips and $100 for the 6 hr. bottom fishing.

My (grown) boys have always just gone down to the docks and signed up for a charter the next day or a couple of days in advance and never had a problem getting on a boat. Most of the ones they have been on have less than 10 people.

If you Google "Charter fishing Destin" you'll come up with tons of options....some that you can book online.

I agree on the shopping and love Destin Commonsn but there are tons of stores in the Outlet Mall. Also, there is some decent shopping at Sandestin.