We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to stay in Destin with kids

West Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Best places to stay in Destin with kids

Hope to travel to Destin this summer (early June)

with two kids (age 8 and 12), any recommendations on where to stay, eat, activities, etc.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to stay in Destin with kids

If you are looking for planned activities. Sandestin. Otherwise all of Destin is kid friendly. there are very few restaurants I would not take kids to. Look at gulfarium. Boardwalk in Fort Walton. The alligators at Fudpuckers. Really Destin is all about families.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,226 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to stay in Destin with kids

We stayed at the new Wingate Inn last year. It is off the beach, so it's affordable, and drove to the beach about 5 minutes away. Parked at Pompano Joe's restaurant and spent the whole day there. Pompano Joe's is nice for lunch, too. On the east side of the restaurant there were chairs and umbrella's we used for free, both days of our stay.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to stay in Destin with kids

Are you on a small budget? I woldn't recommend Wingate Inn unless you were.

What do your children enjoy?

There are always a lot of activities in Sandestin.

www.sandestin.com

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to stay in Destin with kids

Also included with most condos is this great beach. Lots of sand and water. I don't know about your kids, but my nephews in that age range have the most fun when they are just free to play.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to stay in Destin with kids

Hey RS I love your screen name!

Could you give us a little more info?

Are you driving or flying?

I see you are planning on an early June vacation but if you could wait until the middle of August the rates really drop at that time.

Would you consider close to Destin, not in Destin?

I haven't been myself but lots of people like

Destin West with it's lazy river for the kids.

Alabama
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Best places to stay in Destin with kids

we are headed to destin in june as well. we have no kids and have never been to destin. would love to stay on the beach but would be ok with across from it or on the bay if the price is right. need suggestions for best place to stay in Destin without spending a fortune that weekend. please help! also, if anyone knows of a good boat/company for a deep see fishing excursion, we would love that as well! Look forward to hearing from you! Beachbound.

7. Re: Best places to stay in Destin with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Destin