We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Report and Recomendations

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing Report and Recomendations

Was wonder what might be my best bet for taking my 12 year old son out for a day of fishing...He can hang with the best and has been on several 8 hr deep sea trips....Would like to take a group charter or even thought about a couple of 1/2 day bay trips....Will be looking to go next Wed or Thursday. Whats bitting and who should I look at going with?

IL
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Report and Recomendations

Check out this web site for Half Hitch tackle in Destin:

http://www.halfhitch.com/default.asp

Check out Kelley Windes (www.Destin-Charter-Fishing.com) or Olin Marler. Other people have recommended Angry Fish Charters www.angryfishcharters.com and

www.Destin-Charter-Fishing.com (5 boats represented)

St. John
Level Contributor
569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Report and Recomendations

My family and friends and I have been traveling to Destin going on over three decades now...Captain Steve Hauslers "First Light" is the family fishing charter of choice. My 1st deep-sea fishing trip ever (as a 37 year old mom of two, on a ten-hour with my husband, dad and family friends) was unforgettable. No doubt our son (10) will make his 1st trip w/Capt. Hausler! Grouper, Red Snapper...he knows all the best "fishing holes!" (and I have to admit, I can't even eat seafood!) He made even the bait-fishing part of the trip enjoyable and successful. Fisherman's Wharf (near where his boat docks) will prepare your "catch of the day" for you, if you like. Be sure to have your other family members meet you at the docks when you come in! (usually around 2pm for 8 hr trips, 4 pm for 10 hr trips, as I recall) It's a great trip!!

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Report and Recomendations

The above post is part of Kelly Winds fleet. Great choice.

You can see them at:

www.Destin-Charter-Fishing.com

Happy Anglering!