We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricanes?

st louis
10 posts
Save Topic
Hurricanes?

I heard there might be a hurrican in June or July, has anyone heard anything about this?

Destin, Fl
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricanes?

are you kidding me? how could we actually know if there will be a hurricane? they have predicted for another bad season though.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricanes?

To jsiii20:

I see the inane weather questions are starting already-

The storm predictions for this year's Florida storm season just came out in the past couple of days:

(Now, watch the Florida forum go 'bananas'/apes__t after they read the following) The following is not kidding...

12-15 tropical storms are predicted for this year with 7-9 of them becoming hurricanes...

Mother nature seems to be starting early this year as Tropical Storm Arlene has just formed in the Pacific and is expected to move into the Caribbean in the next several days. Hurricane season 'starts' June 1st and runs to November 30th

As I said watch the Florida forum go 'whacko' with a myriad of inane questions asking for unanswerable predictions for everything storm related...

You'll be amazed at the idiocy of many of the questions...as we've just experienced here. ;-)

IL
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricanes?

LOL! They can't even predict the weather accurately 3 days in advance, let alone a hurricane in June or July.

This must be an attempt to thin the summer crowds!

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurricanes?

CORRECTION:

The Tropical Storm (T.S.) currently predicted to move NE into the Caribbean f rom the Pacific is named

"Adrian"

Frisco (Dallas), TX
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurricanes?

Yes, it is impossible to predict things like this but some of us don't live in states where hurricanes are a threat. Last year my Destin trip was spared. Our trip was booked for the week

in between Bonnie and Charlie. Hopefully we get lucky again this year. *fingers crossed*

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hurricanes?

I am the hurricane God.

The answer to ALL HURRICANE QUESTIONS:

YES, we ARE going to have a hurricane. We just don't know when. What day, what month or what year.

Hope that puts an end to this forum.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hurricanes?

Now come on, let's be nice to this person from St. Louis. Some people are not into following the weather let alone hurricanes. The national news is basically repsonsible for creating this "panic" when it comes to hurricane season. The season starts in June and I beleive runs into October. The majority of hurricanes usually show up in August and September, very rarely do you get one in June or July. But stranger things have happened.

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hurricanes?

I heard that there was going to be a tornado in Oklahoma in the middle of June. Anyone know anything about that?

malaga spain
Level Contributor
561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hurricanes?

Hang on, ill just look into my crystal ball......lol

Near Nashville
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hurricanes?

Do all the locals there think it is going to rain there all next week like it is "predicted" to?