We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destin opinion

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,931 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Destin opinion

This really is one of the best forums on Trip Advisor. Everyone is so helpful and, sometimes, opinionated! Bottom line for those of us who don't live there is being anywhere in the Destin or Ft. Walton Beach area is a better vacation than what we are experiencing right now. Just being near the gulf and white sands is fabulous-even if the place you stay isn't 100% perfect or, as in my case, scheduled for demolition. Thanks to all the locals and frequent visitors for putting yourself out there and letting us know what you think.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
260 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destin opinion

I echo the feelings of poodleone; for those who love this area like we do, and can't be there when things like Ivan come along or the beaches are re-built, you who are in the area serve as our eyes, ears, and info source on what is happening;l both good and bad...thanks to all who post on this site.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,931 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destin opinion

Hey, HPIFan! Good seeing your post. Are you having any luck with the search? When do you plan to be down there? We probably won't make it until 2006 but I am still on the hunt.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
260 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destin opinion

Nothing that is comparible to HPI...still looking, though. I keep telling myself to keep on searching and maybe I'll find something close to HPI. May be wishful thinking.

Get answers to your questions about Destin