We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Wanted: Ocean front hotel or condo!

TENNESSEE
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
HELP! Wanted: Ocean front hotel or condo!

My husband and I along with our 6 month old daughter are wanting to go to Destin around September the 10th. We want to stay directly on the beach. I want to be able to set on the balcony and see the ocean. A hotel would be fine but a kitchen would be better with a 6 mo. old. The main thing is it has to be directly on the ocean. This is our first vacation as parents. Any help will be appreciated. I have searched a number of website but am having a hard time finding something directly on the beach.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: HELP! Wanted: Ocean front hotel or condo!

I would suggest looking at Crystal Sands.

Louisville
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: HELP! Wanted: Ocean front hotel or condo!

Go to this webpage:

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…scenic-hwy-98

You can check out the offerings at Crystal Sands, as suggested, or a variety of other places. Some are on the beach, some are just across the road. Scenic 98 is a little 2 lane road that is easy to cross.

Use this website to locate each property for your reference.

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/2872

Use the "hybrid" view so you can see exactly where the property is located in reference to the beach or any other buildings that might block the view. You can see that "Scenic 98" runs from Henderson State Park to the east where it runs back into Hwy 98 down in Miramar Beach.

Good luck.

Benton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
617 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: HELP! Wanted: Ocean front hotel or condo!

I agree, Crystal Sands. We have stayed there before we were parents, and plan to stay this year which is our first year as parents too! Too bad our dates aren't a little closer... we are arriving on the 3rd of September and heading out the 9th. Our daughter will be 8 months old at the time.

Anyway, I digress... Crystal Sands is in a great area, it is not TOO overpriced since it is a few years older, it has great views, etc. We always book through ResortQuest and we get 2 free beach chairs and an umbrella each day with our reservation.

You won't find too many hotels on the beach in Destin, and a condo is better anyway! Crystal Sands is in Crystal Beach on Scenic 98 which is a great area because it is not the "main" busy part of town.

On a side note, are you nervous about your first trip with the baby? We are driving and I wonder how this will all go with the little one! Good luck!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
4. Re: HELP! Wanted: Ocean front hotel or condo!

vo it is going to be great. We have traveled to destin with our little 1 3 times now and she will be 4 in august. Relax it will take longer to get there. she is going to cry in the restaraunt. They are ging to like the pool 1 day and not the next. You will go shopping by yourself while daddy watches the little one and he will go fishing by himself for the first time and it will be great. Wal-Mart will continue to be your friend.

Benton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
617 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: HELP! Wanted: Ocean front hotel or condo!

Thanks for the assurance! She is really a good baby and generally likes to go shopping because she likes to ride in the stroller and look at people! :-) I do dread the longer travel time and I also wonder if she'll get cranky in the heat, but either way we are very excited to take her to the place we love and visit every year! AND her Daddy is from Florida so the whole state to his is "home" and he wants her to love it!

arkansas
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
6. Re: HELP! Wanted: Ocean front hotel or condo!

Hi, I would strongly suggest ocean front condo.

We always stay at The Destin Beach Club on 98. It is right on the beach and only 3 stories high. It is a family oriented place. All private balconies, swimming pool too.

Go on their website. Right across the street is that place with the go carts and bumper boats.

We go in aug when the rates drop.

Good luck!

7. Re: HELP! Wanted: Ocean front hotel or condo!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, September 05, 2009