We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First-time Destin visitor

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
First-time Destin visitor

I have visited Florida several times, and usuallly stay in St. Pete Beach or Treasure Island. I have a friend at work who says Destin is the most beautiful in Florida, and it is a little closer should I choose to drive instead of fly.

I'm looking for an affordable place to stay in June, (about $1,000-$1,200 for the week, or maybe less if possible.) I like to stay at places that have 2 bedrooms and a kitchen (or kitchenette.) I want something neat and clean with beach access, (doesn't have to be on the beach,) and amenities are not too important to me.

Any suggestions?

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First-time Destin visitor

I woudl recommend that you reverse your thinking about Summer pricing. I am under the impression that St Pete is like South Florida in that pricing is higher in Januar to March than it is in hte Summer. Destin is just the opposite. You may have to raise that price point just a hair to get what you are looking for. Just an opinion. I usually go in May or September.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First-time Destin visitor

Thanks for your response. I think for my purposes it would be better to stay in the Tampa area, since prices are lower in the summer, (and that's the only time I can go.) I appreciate the honest opinion and it helped me make my decision.

arkansas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First-time Destin visitor

You can find a a 2 bedroom condo for you price range, I PROMISE!!! You will be disappointed if you don't visit Destin, It's GREAT!!! go to destin-fwb.com and look under the accomadations. Look at the reality as well as owners locations. another great site is vrbo.com...give it a try.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First-time Destin visitor

You're so enthusiastic about Destin, as is my friend. I will try these two websites and see if I can come up with something that will work. Thanks for the advice!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First-time Destin visitor

I hope you can go to Destin because it is heaven on Earth! I've stayed in St. Pete & at Reddington Beach, and there's no comparison. The sand is sugar white, the water is beautiful, there's lots of reasonably priced shopping, and there're many excellent restaurants. Have fun!

TXJ
Texas
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First-time Destin visitor

I think Sandpiper Cove Condo's would be in your range. We stay there when we visit. It fits all the things you spoke of in your original email. They have 2 bedroom condos starting just above 1200. I think it was 1283 when we booked.

www.sandpipercove.com

illinois
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First-time Destin visitor

we recentlyrented a townhouse in destin for $1,320 for a week in june. it is on the vrbo.com website #25848. we have dealt with the owners and they seem to be very friendly and the townhouse was just what we were looking for, not on the beach , but it is on a 5 acre lake with the beach wthin walking distance. i beleive it is in the south bay by the gulf resort.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: First-time Destin visitor

Log onto abbott realty which is owned by Resort Quest. Click on vacation rentals. There you will be able to request one of their catalogs. It is the Destin Condo Bible as far as I am concerned. Been using it for years.

You might check at Sandestin. Some of the older condos there are more reasonable. Have fun!