We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bookings for under 25

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus
1 post
Save Topic
bookings for under 25

My sons and three of his friends are going to be in Destin in May.

I cannot find a condo of any kind that will rent to them because they are under 25.

Do yo have suggestions? If not, what hotels would be affordable for them

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bookings for under 25

I believe the Holiday Inn in Destin will rent to people under 25.

Might be more of an opportunity in Ft. Walton Beach, which is only a few miles from Destin.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bookings for under 25

I do not think you will find a condo for 25 and under.I do know the holiday inn Destin is oceanfront hotel is 18 and up ,rates are 155 and up a night.There is a Days inn about 1/4 mile from beach in Destin around 85 a night.that allows 18 and under too.I believe there is the Inn on Destin Harbor that is in downtown that takes 18 and up too they are about 119 and up.I hoe this helps.Good luck.

jk guys!
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bookings for under 25

"go to panama city, they will hate destin. destin is horrible for teenagers. why would any teenager go to destin. they wont have fun. destin is a family town. if they come back and say they had fun, they really didnt actually have fun, they just told you that."

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: bookings for under 25

MOMLOOKING-If you will notice the last posters name, it will say alot about his post. You might try Hampton Inn in Destin. It is late now to book in May. The only other thing I can think of is to find an individual owner in the newspaper ads or maybe call some real estate offices. I have heard of groups of young people renting a condo under false pretenses as far as the age, and then the management checks every day or so to speak to the adult and if they can't produce one, they get thrown out with no refund. Sure don't want that.

As far as Panama City, they let it get so out of control there, most high school kids I know won't stay there. They drive into PC a couple of nights, but refuse to stay there.

Good luck

Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bookings for under 25

I would never do this, but I think I will agree with letsgetwasted. I also question why you would be looking for your sons.. red flag.

Most condos will not rent to anyone under 25 and there is a reason for that. It has been that way for years and will continue to be that way. There is not a lot for a group of under 25 year old boys to do in Destin anyway.

I have to disagree with Brentwoodmom on the Panama City thing. In May, spring break is over and it calms down over there. Of course, I would never send someone there during Spring break, it is insane, but I think May is fine. Most college kids are gone.

Hope this helps.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: bookings for under 25

momlooking-there are alot of young men and ladies under 25 that enjoy going to Destin. It is a beautiful, clean town with many good restaurants. There is deep sea fishing, there are plenty of nice places to meet up with other people their ages. Alot of people under 25 are married and the guys may go on a deep sea fishing trip as my son and some of his friends did several years ago. I drove down, checked them in their condo and I met a friend from high school and we chilled for 5 days. Meanwhile the guys enjoyed fishing, swimming, jet skiing and just hanging out together My daughter has friends under 25 that have graduated from college, but still can't rent there. When some of the girls come from several states to have a little mini reunion in Destin, they rent from a very sweet lady that was willing to rent to them when they were 19 & 20 during college spring break. The shopping is great there also and yes some guys do like to shop from time to time! lol

Several moms and I took groups of guys and girls during a span of 9 years when I had kids in HS. They always wanted to go to Destin. They like to have fun but know if you don't get any sleep at night, the next day is no fun at all. Depending on which place you stay, you may or may not get much sleep. If you are familiar with PC, you can choose wisely, if not well no matter what month it is, you may not be happy with the party atmosphere. If you do rent in PC, try to get on the very edge of town headed west. They can always venture into town and then have a place to "escape to".

There is a reason most of Destin won't rent to people under 25, ANY TIME OF THE YEAR, and it is to keep the atmosphere of the town from turning into Panama City. They are 2 very different choices and you can have a great time in either. There are also alot of very nice places between PC and Destin

which allow you to enjoy both with a short drive. May is a great time to visit and don't give up. You'll find something.

Montgomery, Alabama
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bookings for under 25

Are you nuts?

jk guys!
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bookings for under 25

i was being sarcastic, destin was ammmmmmaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnngggggg

Get answers to your questions about Destin