We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Great Seafood Restaurants

Missouri
6 posts
Save Topic
Looking for Great Seafood Restaurants

Greetings, My family and I are coming to Destin for the first time in June. I would like your help on locating good places to eat seafood. We would like some suggestions on which seafood buffets you recommend. Also where is the best buffet to eat crab legs? We really liked Captain Jacks in PCB. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Great Seafood Restaurants

Marina Cafe

Fisherman's Wharf

Louisiana Lagniappe

Pompano Joe's

Harry T's Boathouse

None of the above are buffets.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Great Seafood Restaurants

We go to Destin every summer and really enjoy The Back Porch. It's not a buffet but it is reasonably priced and the portions are good. We love the smoked tuna dip and the stuffed mahi mahi. There is a playground on the beach if you have kids and have to wait for a table.

Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Great Seafood Restaurants

If you head East from Destin on 98 and then take 30A, you will come to a restaurant called Goatfeather's. They have a seafood market downstairs and a restaurant upstairs. The food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable.

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
82 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Great Seafood Restaurants

I second the suggestion for The Back Porch. We went a year ago, and I still remember how good my fish was (it was grouper stuffed with crab and spinach). Beautiful scenery and a fun atmosphere.

I'd also suggest Poppy's at Baytowne Wharf. They have a lot of seafood with a Caribbean flair. Again, nice atmosphere and pretty view watching the boats come into the marina.

arkansas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Great Seafood Restaurants

The best seafood in my opion is The Old Bay Steamer just across the bridge to your left in ft. walton. The food is awsom and the prices are very reasonable. I don't think I have ever been to a seafood buffett in Destin, but I might have just overlooked it.

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Great Seafood Restaurants

Staff's in FWB is the oldest and best in the area. Also, for

oysters in the afternoon, try the High Tide.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Great Seafood Restaurants

I'll have to modify my post from several days ago. Harry T's is apparenly closed pending relocation. See their website at http://www.harryts.com/ .

indiana
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for Great Seafood Restaurants

I like Pompano Joes...Great atmosphere...Can still enjoy the outdoors eventhough you are inside...Windows open and breeze coming in...Great.....