We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edge water condos

illinois
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Edge water condos

Thoughts on Edgewater condos?

Distance from airport?

Is it on the water?

5 replies to this topic
Conway, Arkansas
Level Contributor
297 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edge water condos

I'm not sure about proximity to airport, but I would think that information would be easy to come by; either by the owner from whom you are renting, or simply by googling it.

I can tell you though, that yes, Edgewater Condos are beach front.

Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edge water condos

Beachfront but most of the units point toward the east or west not much view IMO. A few units point south with a view, I think they have 2 pools. Airport VPS is about 20 - 25 miles away.

United States
Level Contributor
6,852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edge water condos

It has good access to Hwy 98 for driving to any airport. It's not my favorite end of Scenic 98, but that's personal opinion. Definitely close to the outlet mall if you like to shop. And you can also walk to the grocery store.

I'm sure you will check the photos of whatever you rent; but having an easterly or westerly view of the beach would not be a deterrent to me. How far back and low the unit is in the building makes a difference, of course, if you want to see the beach itself and not just the water.

Edited: 11:55 am, June 11, 2018
Illinois
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edge water condos

We rented here years ago when they were offering a special deal on the end units with the massive decks that face the gulf - have no idea what they rent for now, but that particular view was fabulous. There was a gate you had to keep closed to prevent other people from walking out on your "private" balcony! We never went back because it was too congested for us.

Edited: 12:28 pm, June 11, 2018
arkansas
Level Contributor
495 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edge water condos

Our grandkids (and the adults) loved the Edgewater. It has a 2 pools plus a kiddy pool and hot tub. A large grassy area to play ball or throw disc, and the building creates afternoon shade for all the units as the decks are southeast facing. The location is very good for shopping, and a bonus is how close it is to Sandestin and the Wharf.

We have stayed there many times, until this year and our unit was booked. We rented the lower end unit MsCheap talked about and I believe it has the best deck on the beach; but you pay for it during busy season.

Mentioned in this post
Sandestin
Sandestin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Reply to: Edge water condos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Destin