We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterview Towers/WT yacht club?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Waterview Towers/WT yacht club?

Hi,

We are planning a trip the first week of June to Destin (yay!). We will be staying with 2 other couples and so far plan on staying at waterview towers. Can anyone tell me if waterview towers and waterview towers yacht club are the same place? Also, has anyone stayed here and what did you think? We stayed here a couple of years ago and all I remember is that the beach access wasn't that great, but the view was spectacular! I was kinda wanting to rent a beach house this time, but not really sure what area to look at. We love the beach this condo is on, but not sure what area it is so I can look for a vacation house. Hope this post makes sense, lol. I am in charge of arrangements for the whole group and I think I'm starting to obsess! Thanks for any and all info! This is a wonderful forum, everyone is very helpful :-)

nashville tn
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterview Towers/WT yacht club?

Hi,

Waterview Towers and Waterview Yacht Club are the same. We are also staying there the first week of June. This will be my third time to stay there. You cannot beat the view. There is nothing like sitting on your balcony in the morning watching the boats go out. I am curious as to how the hurricane affected not only the buildings but the bay. The first time that we stayed, you could actually climb down off the sidewalk onto a small sand bar. The next time we went back, they had dreged the bay and that was no longer possible. So I have been trying to find recent pics(with no luck)Also does anyone know if they have built anything past the East Pass Towers property

Flower Mound, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterview Towers/WT yacht club?

Hi,

Actually, there are 3 total buildings - Waterview Towers is the oldest, then Waterview Towers Yacht Club is 2 twin towers. We have always stayed at the one on the end which is where the steps go down to get to the cove (east pass). If you are looking for a house - Destin Pointe is the place that is closest to the east pass. The homes are beautiful, and if you don't mind a short walk they are wonderful. There are some homes in Destin Pointe directly on the gulf, but they are about $5000 + per week. The penninsula is called Holiday Isle.

We also love being able to get up and watch the boats go out, and the sunsets over the pass are so amazing. Have a great vacation! Hope my info was helpful.