We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dover House or Crane's Beach House?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dover House or Crane's Beach House?

This will be our first visit to Delray Beach and we're having a hard time choosing between Crane's Beach House and Dover House for a much needed 4-night getaway. Ordinarily we'd choose oceanfront hands-down but Crane's also looks very charming. They're exactly the same price.

We're planning to spend most of our time beach or poolside, stroll into town for dinner, etc. How far a walk is it to the beach from Crane's, and how far into town from Dover House?

South Florida...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dover House or Crane's Beach House?

Personally, I would choose Crane's Beach House! It has a lush, tropical courtyard, with a tiki bar with sand poolside and they usually have reggae music on the weekends and maybe Thursday night too. The ambiance and charm of Crane's can't be beat! Crane's is 2 blocks from the beach. Easy walk.

Here's photos on Crane's: i-love-delray-beach.com/cranes-beach-house.h…

Dover House is 2 blocks east of Crane's which puts it directly across the street from the beach. Although I think it would be a slim chance that you'd be able to see the beach/ocean from your condo. It is in a good location but is your average condo timeshare type of place. Unlike Crane's who has the ultimate Key West style vibe and charm.

As far as location, aside from Dover's being directly across the street from the beach, they are so close to one another, it really shouldn't matter.

Danika Dahl

http://www.i-love-delray-beach.com

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dover House or Crane's Beach House?

I hate to mix you up, but I'd personally stay at: Wright By The Sea.

It is an old style Florida motel right on the beach.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dover House or Crane's Beach House?

Wright by the Sea is also nice and beach front but it's not within walking distance to Atlantic Avenue where the restaurant and stores are, but it is truly beach front! So it depends what is most important to you.

4. Re: Dover House or Crane's Beach House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 10, 2015