We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Parking at Delray beaches ??

Which Delray Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
201 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Winter Parking at Delray beaches ??

Thinking about a 1mo vacation rental this winter in Delray beach or nearby.Two questions:

1. Is it possible to stay beyond walking distance to the beach and routinely park the car at an attractive, walkable beach, or is parking very limited.

2. Can someone recommend a realtor that specializes in rentals. VBRO and vacationrentals quite frustrating.

thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,387 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Parking at Delray beaches ??

The popular part of the beach where Atlantic Ave meets A1A has parking meters all along A1A.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
201 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Parking at Delray beaches ??

AhHah,

And are these metered spots generally occupied ?

Let's say I want to visit the beach by car, with my beach chair, at 9 AM or at 4PM on a nice day for a couple of hours.

Is that easy or difficult ?

thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,387 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Parking at Delray beaches ??

This past Summer when we were there the spots filled up pretty quickly but by mid afternoon there were people leaving and more coming to take their place. In Winter I doubt that all the spaces would be taken so I would say your chances are pretty good at finding a spot.

mclean virginia
Level Contributor
27 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter Parking at Delray beaches ??

Last year I went to Delray in march and stayed at the marriott.I walked AIA everyday for two weeks.What impressed me was the very ample parking spaces-paradise for those who shun parallel parkimg (like me).Whenever I went walking I always saw several available parking spaces.This surprised me because winter is the in season.But many people are housed in the surrounding hotels and do not need a car.

delray beach, fl
Level Contributor
73 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Winter Parking at Delray beaches ??

Hi,

You've made a great choice for your winter vacation. Delray Beach is a unique Florida city that offers a gorgeous beach, great main street (Atlantic Avenue) and the best restaurants in South Florida. Parking shouldn't be a problem if you decide to rent in the western side of town. Anchor Park just north of Atlantic Avenue has plenty of metered parking. If you're early to the beach, you can park right at any of the meters right along A1A at the beach.

I love the online vacation rental sights but if you prefer a realtor I would contact someone at either Tauriello &Co. (great family owned agency with a strong presence and great reputation) or Coldwell Banker. Depending on the month you're planning on visiting, you may be a little late with the better rentals.

A last suggestion is Hartman's B&B. I've heard they'll do extended stays and they're close enough that you could walk to the beach (probably a 25 minute stroll if you like to walk...)

Enjoy!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
201 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Winter Parking at Delray beaches ??

Traveladdictjr,

Thanks for the advice, but just FYI,

neither Coldwell nor Tauriello do rentals less than 3 mo.

In fact, so far I cannot figure any way to find a 1 mo rental

other than the web. The disadvantage with the web is its inefficiency:

Availability is not up to date, and many owners simply do not respond.

delray beach, fl
Level Contributor
73 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Winter Parking at Delray beaches ??

Hi,

I apologize, didn't realize they won't do rentals less than 3 months. I own several vacation properties and do all my leasing on VRBO and vacationrentals.com. I always respond and keep my listing calendars updated on a weekly basis, maybe you've just had bad luck with the owners you've contacted. Good luck in your search.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Winter Parking at Delray beaches ??

I'm checking with the realtor that I refer people to, to see if he works with 1-month rental requests. I'll let you know....

Meanwhile...

I have a link with some old-Florida style 1-story condos on my Facebook Page. It's a small complex. The condos are all privately owned, but they do rent them on a long-term basis.

I think they are very adorable -- but they are old-style and no fluff like a gym, or a spa, etc. Very basic. Within walking distance to everywhere and just a couple blocks from the beach. Here's the link...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

I do know from my own previous experiences in looking for long-term rentals, that many of the people do not respond via VRBO. I know what you mean.

Hope this helps some.

Danika Dahl

i-love-delray-beach.com/Delray-Beach-blog.ht…

9. Re: Winter Parking at Delray beaches ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 03, 2012