We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending a week in October in Delray Beach, any help would...

Which Delray Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Spending a week in October in Delray Beach, any help would...

We are staying 1 week at Dover House in Delray, does anyone know much about this condo? Also, how is the Morikami Museum? Has anyone been to the Wakodahatchee wetlands? Or snorkeling with South Florida Diving out of Pompano Beach? Or to dinner at the Mai-Kai? I know it's a lot of questions, but I love to plan in advance, and want to do fun things with my husband. Thanks in advance everyone!

NY2Delray
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Spending a week in October in Delray Beach, any help would...

Moved to Delray a year ago...when I arrived in FL from Boulder CO, I knew this was the spot for me! I completely agree that Sundy House AND Old Calypso are outstanding brunches... if you feel like being near the ocean, Luna Rosa has a good brunch as well. Blue Moon Fish Company in Ft Lauderdale has a stupendous all-you-can-eat brunch on Sundays with a fantastic selection of entrees, shellfish, salads, deserts on the intracoastal....for $25!

After-beach snacks at Shore are fantastic...there is a clam roast and a fish taco that are wonderful...and a make-your- own bloody mary bar on Sundays. Boston's Upper Deck is a pleasure to sit at on a nice day...the best view in town!

I went to Morikami and Butterfly world both in one day and it was wonderful; been back to both twice since.

Mai Kai...not so much. It's just not worth the drive. There is a new Mexican place in Boca called MoQuila...I liked it much better than Sol kitchen and the crowd's a bit more grown up...I'm 34 and never do I feel as old as when I go to Sol kitchen or Bull Bar! If you ever wondered what all the hype is about fancy tequilas...you are in for a treat...200 kinds, tableside quacamole, the snapper is awesome, and the people watching is the best!

Delray Beach
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Spending a week in October in Delray Beach, any help would...

No doubt you have come and gone by now but in case you have not I can highly recommend the Morikami Museum. Plan to stay for lunch; very reasonable and good. Don't let the line to get in deter you ... it moves very fast and the view is wonderful as well. Delightful place to visit. My brother from VA goes to the wetlands all the time to photograph the wild life so it must be wonderful cause he is fussy. I haven't personally been there ....

South Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
76 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Spending a week in October in Delray Beach, any help would...

Go big red! Snorkeling, you will have to go farther north to Jupiter or Juno Beach is great too. Climb the Jupiter Lighthouse while you are up there and have lunch/dinner at the Food Shack...best seafood restaurant anywhere. If you are a fan of Alan Jackson, 5 o'clock somewhere bar is across the inlet from the lighthouse...hip place for a drink after climb. Skip Mai-Kai, overpriced and so touristy..ugh! If you are diving, anywhere is great since the gulfstream is right here. Tons of place to eat/drink in Delray...go to Dada, great place and get dessert!