We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh Fish Markets?

Lovely Midwest
Level Contributor
379 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh Fish Markets?

I have been doing some reading of reviews and am really looking for a local place where I can buy some fresh fish and shellfish without spending a fortune. We'll be staying in a resort that has a full kitchen and I'd really like to make most of our meals. Because we're in Clearwater and traveling to Daytona (where the kitchen is) I am opening to stopping somewhere in between. It looks like Ward's Seafood Market in Clearwater has mixed reviews on this site and Yelp indicates it's pretty pricey and a lot of the fish is flown in or frozen. Any suggestions on places local to the Daytona area?

Mentioned in this post
The Cellar
$$$$, Seafood, European, Italian
Chucherias Hondurenas
$$$$, Latin, Spanish, Central American
Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh Fish Markets?

The first place that comes to mind is Hull's Seafood. It's been an institution in the area for years.

There's also a place under the Port Orange bridge on the beachside, but I don't know the name of it. I used to sit on the deck at the the restaurant there and watch the fishing boats unload. But, it's been a couple of years since I was there.

Mentioned in this post
Lovely Midwest
Level Contributor
379 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh Fish Markets?

Thanks, that is very helpful! Is it King's Seafood under the bridge?

Edited: 10:48 am, June 04, 2014
Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fresh Fish Markets?

DJ's Deck is under the Dunlawton Bridge. We bought some shrimp to take back to our room once and it was good.

Mentioned in this post
DJ's Deck
DJ's Deck
600 Reviews
Port Orange, FL
centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
933 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fresh Fish Markets?

I always go to Hulls. They indicate which products are caught locally so there us no guessing. A bit pricey vut then wild caught seafood is. Same applies to seafood company under Dunlawton bridge. Their shrimp trawler is docked right there!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fresh Fish Markets?

Bay Street Seafood Market and Deli in Daytona Beach also operates a counter for fresh seafood.

Mentioned in this post
Bay Street Seafood Market and Deli
Bay Street Seafood...
469 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Lovely Midwest
Level Contributor
379 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fresh Fish Markets?

We went to Hull's. The shrimp was very good. The fish was much pricier than the Gulf coast, but the quality was very good.

7. Re: Fresh Fish Markets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 25, 2015