We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked at Ocean Walk.... Very Excited--Questions

KENTUCKY
Level Contributor
237 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked at Ocean Walk.... Very Excited--Questions

1. Can we set a tent up on the beach?

2. Beer in coozie ok at the beach?

3. Best seafood w/ in walking distance??--Prefer non-chain restaurants.

4. Anything else you can add about the resort or area that we need to know???

Thanks!!!

DAB
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Just booked at Ocean Walk.... Very Excited--Questions

PARROTTHEAD_VOLS wrote:

"Can I leave the tent up at night or should it be taken down?"

I guess leaving your tent up is to 'RESERVE' your spot?

How very rude IMO, thus the ordinance.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just booked at Ocean Walk.... Very Excited--Questions

I've never seen a drunk on the beach in all our visits. Maybe that's why I've never seen the police bother anyone.

OP, you didn't mention when you would be visiting. In mid May, during the week, you shouldn't have any issues getting a spot? Probably not on the weekends either if you set it up before ten or so.

We have been to DB in April, May and July. Weekends do seem busier, but I don't think it's ever been wall to wall when we've been there.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Just booked at Ocean Walk.... Very Excited--Questions

To clarify, it is probably better to transfer it to a nondescript cup if you are going to imbibe on the beach.

Oh yeah, it probably isn't "legal" so, "don't do it".

😜

Please post back here to let us know what you did, how you liked it and any arrest pics....... Just kidding on the last thing.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Just booked at Ocean Walk.... Very Excited--Questions

I use a cup since it's technically illegal. But I've never been drunk on the beach either. Just a few beers during the daytime. For seafood, I'd drive about 10 minutes and eat at Our Deck Down Under.

Edited: 9:57 pm, April 08, 2014
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just booked at Ocean Walk.... Very Excited--Questions

Whatever you do, don't take the bait to go to the timeshare lecture that they offer for a cash discount off of your stay. It will ruin you day, and your stay (they claim it is 30-45 minutes -- it is really hours on end). Great place to stay otherwise. Also call and confirm that you have an actual room before you arrive. When we stayed there were multiple families in the lobby who had reservations, but were told "Sorry, we overbooked, we will try to find you something somewhere else".

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Just booked at Ocean Walk.... Very Excited--Questions

Unfortunately it seems like every "short and easy" timeshare presentation everywhere turns into a multi-hour hard-sell where they hammer you to within an inch of your sanity. There really oughta be a law.

I've got relatives that actually attend such things for the entertainment value. They love tweaking and leading on the array of sales guys that are thrown at them. But, that's probably not something many people would be able to do.

17. Re: Just booked at Ocean Walk.... Very Excited--Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 10, 2015