We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

Ithaca,NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

I have reservations at this resort over Easter and have concerns after reading some of the comments posted on Tripadvisor.....It seems that many hotels/resorts have housekeeping issues.....Does anybody have good feedback on this resort......I am getting very nervous.......

Missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

I'm going to be staying there myself in July. Sounds like a great place.

http://www.oceanwalk.com/

This is copied from their website describing the luxury suites:

"Each of our 1, 2 and 3 bedroom accommodations have full kitchens, spacious living rooms and in-room washers and dryers ... many have Jacuzzi tubs in the master bedroom. And, each condominium suite is elegantly appointed with comfortable furnishings, televisions in each of the main rooms and all the necessary kitchen utensils to make Ocean Walk Resort ��� your home away from home."

I'm not sure if I got what they call a "Luxury" suite...I got a two bedroom suite...maybe that is the same.

Anyway...having a washer and dryer in your room would be very convient

The feedback rating on Expedia (www.expedia.com) gives it a 5.0 overall rating.

www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll…

Enjoy :o)

Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

The Ocean Walk is one of the best if not the best resort down here. It is Great! Yes alot of hotels and resorts have housekeeping issues, its just something that we deal with it the hotel bussiness, But everyone that I know that has stayed there has goten good service. Do not worry so much, the hotel is great and the area is great do not let the other post worry you so much and you will ahave a great time. and if you have kids try to check out the easter egg hunt at city island park, the front desk should have the day and time or it will be in our local paper. Good luck!

daytona
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

Exactly...

Every hotel can't be perfect...and you only seem to hear about the one person who DIDN'T get extra towels on time...not the 740 other rooms that did.

Ocean Walk has a separate housekeeping service clean their rooms (like most big hotels) and they are mostly non-english speaking workers....so that can contribute to some of the problems too. Overall they do a very good job.

Michingan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

IM STAYTING THERE TOO! wow this is going to be a CrunKtaStiK time ya'll!

5. Re: Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:34 pm, April 08, 2005
Missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

Excellent advice DaytonaGirl and Sadie27.

ColdinNewYork and Springbreak2005, after your stays maybe you guys could write up a review.

Oh and Springbreak2005; Fo' shizzle, I think that is the proper vernacular; meaning "I concur with you whole heartedly"

Missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

How is parking handled at the Oceanwalk Resort?

Probably going to pick-up a rental car at the Airport. Any negative rumors about any of the rental agencies?

Mentioned in this post
Oceanwalk Daytona Beach
Oceanwalk Daytona Beach
481 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Ithaca,NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

The hotel told me that each room only allows for one vehicle to park in their parking garage, but I have seen many comments regarding no parking and having to park across the street and paying for parking........I am sure we will find out soon enough....If it is too miserable they won't get my business again....There is too much competition out there and resorts must know we can make other choices..

daytona
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

Ocean Walk has two huge parking garages....controlled by gates and you can only get in with a room key...so I can't see how parking can be a problem.

But I guess if people abuse the whole "one parking space per room" thing...than maybe that's where you get in trouble.

Adam's Mark / The new Hilton is where everyone had a problem with parking. They charge for parking and then make you park across the street in a separate lot.

daytona
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Oceanwalk Resort..Daytona Beach

Oh, and as far as rental agencies...I used Enterprise when my car was hit in an accident and they were excellent! Also, I've used Budget renting a truck to move a couch and they were good, also.