We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Meet up July 9-14

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
TA Meet up July 9-14

TexasTeacher and I are going to try to get a TA meet together this week. Open to suggestions for time and date. I vote for Inlet Harbor 7 PM on the 12th. I say meet on the deck for music, drinks and fun. All are invited. Other suggestions are welcome.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: TA Meet up July 9-14

Count me in- Can't wait!!!

Daytona Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
828 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA Meet up July 9-14

Hey everyone ...I'm in. Time and place is perfect for me. Is it okay that I'm not a teacher? Lol.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA Meet up July 9-14

Sure is, no school talk during the summer!

We'll bump this post when it gets closer. I arrive the 3rd staying at SurfSide Club in Daytona Beach Shores. We just made final arrangements yesterday and got the condo we wanted. I hope it is as nice as the pics. One of us needs to get a balloon or something to show it is TA meet.

Mentioned in this post
Surfside Beach
Surfside Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
933 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA Meet up July 9-14

I would like to join you ladies....I am a teacher also and will be arriving the evening of July 11. Teachersue, please keep updating so I will know if that date, time, and location are still on.

Have any of you done this before, met with people from TA?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: TA Meet up July 9-14

chippsch- yes, I have attended TA gatherings several times in different places. TeachrSue and I met in Las Vegas the end of May.

Can't wait- see ya'll there-

Mentioned in this post
Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA Meet up July 9-14

We'll keep this updated. My husband will be joining us, he is used to being one of the only guys. He is my designated driver if I have a drink or two.

Daytona Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
828 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA Meet up July 9-14

I just got back from 10 glorious days in Punta Cana, DR. I was on the DR thread doing some reaserch for my trip and met some really great people. Many have been going to this location forever. I did get to met two couples that were there at the same time for dinner and drinks...had a blast.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
672 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA Meet up July 9-14

Hi ya'll! I'm a secretary at an elementary school - would I count?? I think we all need a break at the beach after the year that's just passed (I hate AYP and SACS!!!!) We'll be down the week of July 2nd - let me know if the date changes!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: TA Meet up July 9-14

Hey- just to let everyone know- all are welcome at the meet up- no need to be a teacher (or in education)- we promise not to talk shop.

See ya'll there

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TA Meet up July 9-14

Posting to keep this up near the top. I am starting to pack. Putting things in a basket as I get them, not to wear stuff and new lotion, lip balm, flip flops, beach towels. I can't wait! It is so hot here in KY I need to feel that ocean air on my face!