We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

daytona Turkey run

London, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
daytona Turkey run

We are visiting Daytona for the Turkey run in November, we will not have a car and we are staying at the Shores Resort and Spa Hotel, South Atlantic Avenue, can anyone suggest the easiest and best way to get to the Speedway please?

DAB
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: daytona Turkey run

Yea and also if you drive to Bellair Plaza just watch the No Parking signs around the sides & backside of the Plaza, the towing services are ruthless Beachside.

I found that the 'Best Way' to get to the Speedway via the bus is to take the #60 or the #18 route (weekdays & Sat.) (#10 on Sunday) and get off at the west end of the mall in front of JC Penny's and just walk across the parking lot to the intersection of Bill France Blvd. & ISB, then cross over right to the Daytona USA Turn 4 tunnel area.

Plan on doing A LOT of walking. Scoot-a-round & Golf Carts help ease the feet but when the roads/aisles are jammed with people those can slow you up unless your real rude like some.

Have your husband just Google: Picasa Web Albums REDLINE426's Gallery to see some of the car pictures of the Speedway & Bellair Plaza I've taken over the years.

Enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: daytona Turkey run

Thanks for all the travel tips and the link to google, my husband cannot wait till November!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: daytona Turkey run

Thanks for letting me know that, I may keep disappearing from the car track.!

14. Re: daytona Turkey run

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 18, 2014