We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel on Beach? - one night stay in April

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
215 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel on Beach? - one night stay in April

Hi, driving from Orlando for one night. With two kids and both sets of grandparents.

location and frills are important to this bunch.

help!

thank you.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel on Beach? - one night stay in April

The Daytona Hilton is the best hotel on the beach, although the Shores Resort and Spa would do in a pinch.

Generally speaking, the Hilton is the only place in town that I think comes close to what I expect from a Hilton/Marriott class hotel. It can be a little rough around the edges and stuck in the 80s here and there, but there's not much of that. It's also part of a pretty good sized entertainment zone that includes and arcade from the 40s, carnival rides, and small mall/entertainment area from around 2000 (or was it the 90s).

If you're looking for something below a Marriott class, there are a number of big chain alternatives, and a bunch of one-off locally owned places that have good operations.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel on Beach? - one night stay in April

I am counting at least 7 people,

I doubt 1 room at the Hilton will be enough, my guess is that you will need 3...

Daytona Beach Regency or Ocean Walk can handle a larger group, but you will run into a minimum night stay..

I recommend that you try to find a timeshare owner at Wyndham's Ocean Walk Resort to get a 3 bedroom for 1 night..

Good Luck !!

Renata

Level Contributor
215 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel on Beach? - one night stay in April

Renata, thank you! How do I find a timeshare owner?

4. Re: Best Hotel on Beach? - one night stay in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach