We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,884 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

Does anyone know what places besides Cracker Barrel will be open for Thanksgiving? Not looking forward to waiting 1 to 2 hours to eat. We are there for the Turkey Rod race / car show at the track.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,884 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

Sorry forgot to attach the link! Here is the one for the school bus races too.

http://www.crasharamaseries.com/orlando/

…orlandosentinel.com/2010-08-12/sports/os-sm…

New Smyrna does not seem to be having the issues OSW is having.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

Bornwithwheels,

It has been 15 years since I have been to the Speedworld. I raced there a couple of times in 89 or 90. That place was packed back then and was a nice track. Hate hearing that it has gone down so bad.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,884 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

They have definitely sold the track and this Thanksgiving will be the last School Bus race there. Its a shame they didn't put some money into the place as they had a good thing going. I'm sure there are less people racing right now with race fuel at $10 per gallon and many people out of work. We raced on the 1/4 mile back in the early 80's and have taken our kids to see the school bus races since they were quite young. I did not find out if New Smyrna track was part of the package of them being sold.

1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

Hooters across from the Speedway will be open 11:00am-12:00am on Thanksgiving Day. :)

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,884 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

Thanks, AFW, we like Hooters. Always go there during Nascar races.

For those interesed in the info on Orlando Speedworld, just went there last night for the Night of Fire. Had a great time (bathrooms did not work-no surprise there!). However I did find out that the land was not sold but the lease has run out for the people who were running it and they are not going to renew it. There are a couple of interested groups that may lease it and keep the racing going but that is still not a for sure thing. Also Walmart was interested in putting a distribution center there. Will just have to wait and see what happens.

Florida, Daytona
Level Contributor
43 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

I live here in Ormond Beach and there are NOT alot of places open...I myself am trying to find some...So far We have VINCE CARTERS, CHART HOUSE,SW GRILL,THE CELLAR, INLET HARBOUR,BOB EVANS and TOUSCAN ITALIAN place on granada...If anyone else can find some different ones let me know.

17. Re: Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 28, 2013