We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Walk vs. Shores

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Walk vs. Shores

Can anyone tell me which one is better? Ocean Walk looks huge, but probably lots to do? But this trip we aren't taking the kids, so I'm wondering if the Shores would be quiet and more upscale? Thanks!

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Walk vs. Shores

The Ocean Walk is great for people of all ages and you wont' get bored one bit, they have a great pool and everything as for the Shores? I don't know what your talking about, I know that there is Daytona Beach Shores where the Ocean Walk is...but I don't recall there being a hotel called shores. If I were you i'd go with the Ocean Walk it's big, service is polite, beds are big, pool is great, you get a great view of the ocean, and the hotel is right on the ocean

Pibb,

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Walk vs. Shores

Thank you for your help - the other hotel I am choosing between is

The Shores Resort & Spa

2637 South Atlantic Avenue

Daytona Beach Shores, Florida (FL) 32118

If you have any information on it, I would really appreciate it!

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Walk vs. Shores

If you are not bringing the kids I would go with the Shores resort.I have never stayed there before but I have heard great things about it.I think it would be more romantic and peaceful than Ocean walk.We always stay at Ocean Walk and it is most definetly family and kids everywhere.

The shores is about 4 miles or so from the pier and boardwalk area.

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Walk vs. Shores

I agree with SweetiePie. I have had great vacations at both resorts. But if you're going without kids, take this opportunity to go to the Shores. My teens preferred OceanWalk - my husband and I loved the Shores. It is much smaller and a little more upscale. The oceanfront rooms with a balcony are a must and well worth extra $. The pool deck is gorgeous and impeccably maintained. You can rent cabanas by the pool or rent chaise loungers with cushions and umbrella on the beach.. There is a fire pit on the patio and a wonderful Tiki Bar.

The staff was very friendly and informative. We had a wonderfully relaxing vacation here - but if you're looking for party atmosphere, go to OceanWalk.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Walk vs. Shores

The Shores is the Old Hilton,

you will be across from Peck Plaza, which you have to go to to at least have a drink because the view is fabulous.

The new restaurant at The Shores has a chef and I have heard great things about it, although we will have to try it next time...we ran out of time thislast trip (April 19-23rd).

The major difference between the 2 resorts is amenities.

Ocean Walk is geared for family-week long stays because it is a Fairfield Resort. They cater to families who are there 7 days...you will not walk away feeling like you did not have a good time.

The Shores cateres to the business traveler who will be in town for several days and does not need to be constantly entertained.....

If you do not have children to entertain, or are happy not being within walking distance to entertainment...the Shores would work.

This building was heavily damaged during the hurricanes...which means that it was gutted and recently remodeled, so this location benefitted from the storm as it has been restored to good as new!!

Renata

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Walk vs. Shores

Thank you so much to everyone for their responses/advice! I really appreciate the help. Will still keep checking for any more opinions, but I am leaning towards the Shores since this is one of the few times we are not taking the kids. I think I would definitely go to Ocean Walk if they were coming. Thank you again!

canada
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Walk vs. Shores

Ocean Walk is up in the end where all the kids hang out.

Shores is in Daytona Beach Shores, quieter area but still great

Shores is beautiful, very classy I would stay there if it is just adults going

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Walk vs. Shores

We have been to Daytona many times and always stay North of the boardwalk. I like the beach better in that area and somehow it has always just seemed cleaner to me. I hope this helps.

Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Walk vs. Shores

If you think you are an upscale person and want to stay away from riff raff on the boardwalk - the Shores is for you - no contest

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Walk vs. Shores

I just ignore the riff raff if any are around on the days we go close to the boardwaalk. The Bandshell is right next to the boardwalk and has good entertainment at times. About a mile North of the boardwalk is nice too, A persoanal choice for all of us.

Take care,

Bonnie