We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DaytonaGirl

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
6 posts
Save Topic
DaytonaGirl

Hey...You replied to my post earlier on the Atlantic Las Brisas and there were some other comments in your post that i have questions about....Why did 600 North close and will it be open by the 26th of March through the 2nd of April?...And another question...What do the cops crack down on?...If you are of age and you are being smart about your drinking...What can they do?...Just curious as to what situations have arose in the past and what we should be careful of doing...What is the situation with partying and drinking on the beach as well?...Is it prohibited or are they ways around it cause there are so many ppl?...I appreciate your reply and suggestions

daytona
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: DaytonaGirl

I think 600 North is already closed...I saw them taking the sign down the other day...but I asked someone who works next door (the Plaza bought the old Radisson next door and now it's the 'Plaza Ocean Club) and he says they're moving 600 north next door to the Plaza Ocean Club. The General Manager was on channel 2 news the other night saying that the Plaza is getting out of "Binge events" (spring break/bcr) and going "upscale". They are converting to Condo-hotel in the spring. I'm not sure if they're moving 600 north now or in April after BCR....I'll try to find out more info. I called the 600 North info number and they didn't say anything about closing....but why would they take down the sign?

The people who own the Plaza (Oceans Resorts) bought Razzles last year and put some money into it...it looks good and is going strong as the best club in Daytona. In the same area (Seabreeze Blvd...about a half block from A. Las Brisas) there's also Fuel (although the crowd is kinda young...18ish..) and a great sports pub (Oyster Pub)....well...and Molly Browns strip club if you so desire. :) There's also a new place called "Rain" opening up on Seabreeze (where the old St. Regis used to be)...but I'm not sure if it's a club / bar / or restaurant.

About the cops cracking down...I just noticed last year alot more arrests...and the Mayor just started a new campaign for Spring Break "It's all about Respect" which covered every garbage can in town. Developers are knocking down all the little grungy hotels and buying up all the hurricane damaged hotels and building condos in this town like they're going out of style....trying to make Daytona 'upscale' and more 'family oriented'. You won't even recognize the boardwalk area...everything south of the board walk (NO MORE MCDONALDS!) has been torn down and they're building an enormous condo / boardwalk complex.

It's illegal to drink on the beach...but everyone gets away with it by putting it in cups or soda cans. If you're cool and don't cause any trouble....you'll have fun...just stay on the beachside with the spring break crowds and you'll be fine. Be careful of the residential neigborhoods...that's where people get in the most trouble...people call the police at the drop of the hat if they see anyone under 30 walk through their front yard....you kind of can't blame some of them, though...one of my co-workers tells me stories of having to hose vomit off her driveway every morning during spring break. Ewww.

Have a great time! Hope this helped!

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: DaytonaGirl

Thanks DaytonaGirl for the advice....So how long have you lived down there?...How old are you?...Just curious...Cause you sound like you know quite a bit about the area...Let me know

rock falls il
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: DaytonaGirl

hey daytona girl. you replyed to my post about inn on the beach. i still have not booked a room. the more i search the internet the more confused i am. could you tell me if all our favorite restaurants are open. inlet harbor, boondocks, the oyster bar under the port orange bridge, aunt catfishes etc.. thank you

daytona
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: DaytonaGirl

cam: I've been in Daytona about 7 years...moved down here from Massachusetts to escape the snowdrifts. I work and live on the beachside in Daytona....and practically everyone I know works in hotels or restaurants here...so I know all the dirt!

As for how old am I? Don't you know you're not supposed to ask a girl that? :) Let's just say I'm young enough to remember my Spring Breaks and old enough to buy liquor for my niece's Spring Break!

Parrethead: I don't mean to steer you away from the Inn on the Beach....remember this is just my opinion and the opinion of people I know...It just doesn't have a very good reputation with us locals....that doesn't necessarily mean you will have a bad time. From the reviews here, sounds like people either hated it or loved it.

Inlet Harbor is open...they had TONS of damage from the hurricanes...but they're back and just fine. Definitely try the Seafood Primavera...it's the only thing I get there.

Boondocks is open and fine..never been there...I hear it's great.

Do you mean JC's Oyster Deck? That one and the Deck Down Under are the restaurants under the Port Orange Bridge. They're both open and fine.

Aunt Catfish's lost most of their deck and pier, and had alot of roof damage...but they're back and yummy.

There's a few new restaurants in town....there's a new Stonewood Grill on Dunlawton Avenue (where the old Don Pablo's used to be) and Cancun Lagoon out on International Speedway Blvd. (next to Olive Garden)....it's very good...kind of Mexican with alot of seafood dishes.

Hope this helped!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona International...
3,074 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
rock falls il
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: DaytonaGirl

thank you daytona girl.. you have been very helpful and i am glad to here all my favorite places are open. we have been coming to d.b. for 30 years every year at easter to get away from the northern illlinois weather. we have stayed a treasure island for 20 years. it was like coming home every year although it was becoming very run down and managmement was awful. hopefully when they reopen it will be greatly improved. i still have not booked. callled the old hilton yesterday but they will not be open at easter. oh well i am sure i will come up with something soon. thanx parrethead

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: DaytonaGirl

So I take it you won't be indulging in the Spring Break activities this year?...Too bad cause my 3 buddies and I are coming down and you seem to know your way around the area and we were just thinkin maybe you and some of your girlfriends could show us around but it sounds to me like you aren't too interested in that...But thanks for the information on Daytona...I appreciate it

Mentioned in this post
Li NY
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: DaytonaGirl

where is the wildest party during bike week!!

daytona
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: DaytonaGirl

cam: Ha! I don't plan on going to Spring Break this year...getting up for work at 5am (when you'll probably be going to sleep) makes that hard...but you're never too old to funnel a beer, I say! :)

Thanks for the invite, though....there are plenty of hotties to go around..I'm sure you guys will have no trouble. :)

Read the article I posted about the Plaza and Spring Break...interesting stuff.

Hogman: I answered your questions on your other thread!

Parrethead: I just read in the paper that the Hilton won't open til May...The Treasure Island until June. Have you tried the Bahama House? Or the new hotel in the shores Emerald Shores? How about the new LaQuinta up by the boardwalk? Boardwalk Inn and suites (by International Speedway and A1A) is just opening again...

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Bahama House
Bahama House
1,605 Reviews
Daytona Beach Shores, FL
Boardwalk Inn and Suites
Boardwalk Inn and Suites
292 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona International...