We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water in daytona

lafayette
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
water in daytona

can anyone compare the water around the western side of florida to the eastern side?

rock falls il
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: water in daytona

i was born and raised on the gulf coast of alabama. i also have been going to daytona for the last 33 years at least once a year and also to panama city beach every other year. the water on the west coast is prettier and clearer. the sand is much whiter and finer on the gulf side. the atlantic i think has less seaweed and less jelly fish. they are both beautiful to me although in much different ways. also i think the gulf waters are a litter warmer...

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water in daytona

The Gulf Side Water Is A Lot More Warmer and the sand is a lot whiter, but like previously said, Atlantic Side Has a lot less seaweed and stuff, and it's maby a bit colder, but if you choose either one they both are very beautiful and there really isn't a HUGE diffirence.

lafayette
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: water in daytona

a friend of mine told me the water was bluer on the gulf but has bigger waves on the east

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: water in daytona

That is try what you friend told you also justin.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: water in daytona

sorry that sure read "true."

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: water in daytona

Hey justin, yeh your right the gulf side water is a lot more blue, and the Atlantic has bigger waves, I like the waves though ahha