We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you check in your hotel if your at the race?

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
1 post
Save Topic
How do you check in your hotel if your at the race?

This is the first time we have gone to a Nascar race. We are so excited. Our problem is, I thought reserving a room the night of on the beach would be a good idea so we didnt have to drive home after a long day. We live 3 hours away. Now Im panicing though. Reading this VERY informatal site, I realize we need to arrive there quite early! To get parking. My worry is if we are there from early mourning until late evening. Knowing we do want to go to Fanzone. How in the heck do you check in? Does anyone know? Anyone else been in this situation? I wish so bad now we would have gotten a room the night before now. It is to late though. Nothing left. I was allso considering getting a room in Orlando. Just to be 2 hours closer. Man just to be there by 8am we will have to leave home at 5am!!! Makes for a very long day. Lets not forget showers and preperation before leaving the house. HELP!!!!!! I need advise. :( LOVE Nascar so excited and dont want to mess up the experience.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you check in your hotel if your at the race?

You Can Phone The Hotel And Tell Them That You Will Be Arriving Late As You Are At The Race, Therefore They Will Know That You Are Going To Be Late.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you check in your hotel if your at the race?

You could try getting a room in New Smyra beach the night before to be closer to your hotel.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you check in your hotel if your at the race?

That's spelled Smyrna Beach

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you check in your hotel if your at the race?

Check with your hotel about late check in policy...most places have a 24hour front desk.

I think the race is usually over by 6PM..where is your hotel??

You do not want them to give your room away!!

Watch this board, I will be in Daytona on Feb 15th...if I see some out of the way places advertising rooms for the 500...I will throw it up here...

Renata

Versailles, KY
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you check in your hotel if your at the race?

I have been coming to the 500 for the last 8 years. Every year we have trouble finding a room, but then when we get there, there a lot of places are advertising vacancy. Of course most the 3 & 4 star places are booked. I agree with a previous post. Try New Smyrna Beach. We stayed down there last year and it was great. Not much traffic coming up Highway 1 at all on race day. We left the room around 8:00 or 8:30 and parked by the airport by 9:00. It is only about a 20 mile drive. Most traffic is on the interstate coming in from Orlando.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you check in your hotel if your at the race?

If you are thinking about staying in New Symrna, try Ocean Properties.... they rent condos.

Ocean Trillium is a nice place, but probably booked.

Gilleys 44 Pub & JB's Fishcamp are both great places to eat in NSB.

Renata

Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach