We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo vacation in Daytona Beach in January

Boston
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Solo vacation in Daytona Beach in January

hi.. I am going on a solo trip to Daytona Beach this month for a much needed R&R (rest & relaxation). Is this a good idea? What are recommended places to visit or things to do that are not awkward to do alone?

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo vacation in Daytona Beach in January

Hey there, yes it's a great idea, try the Hilton, Bahama House, Sun Viking, Ocean Walk.

For activties, Go to the NASCAR museum, Dog Track, And go on the beach obviously, go play some golf, Go Clubbing (at the clubs)

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo vacation in Daytona Beach in January

Go to the lighthouse at Ponce Inlet. Then go to Inlet Harbor Restaurant for lunch or dinner. You can sit outside at the bar and eat and chat with the people there and not feel uncomfortable. Some other places you can eat and not feel uncomfortable would be Charlie Horse in Ormond Beach and Oyster Pub in Daytona. People are friendly and I don't think you'll have any problems. Enjoy your stay and get some of that rest!

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo vacation in Daytona Beach in January

This is a great time to go to Daytona because the kids are still in school & you will have the beach to yourself!! Lots of people travel alone this time of year...you can meet folks...no problem.

My favorite spot::

on 421 or Dunlawton bridge going over from US1 to A1A (East)....the bridge is the highest one with a great view of the ocean that just sneaks up on you...it is breath-taking.

Walk on the beach.

Egyptian exhibit at Daytona Beach Museum of Natural Arts.

Flea Market every weekend (Tomoka Farms Road), then hit St Augustine on days during the week.

I would stay in a place with an indoor pool...and work out facility.

I really need the R & R too...

So Sorry I can't join you!!

Renata

Boston
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo vacation in Daytona Beach in January

thanks for all the tips. will update you guys on my solo flight adventure. thanks.