We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mom and Pop Motels?

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
columbus,Oh
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Mom and Pop Motels?

Are there any good Mom & Pop Motels left on the beach at Daytona? All the one we stayed at have been torn down..

Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mom and Pop Motels?

The cove in ormond beach

Tropical manor daytona beach shores

Shoreline suties Daytona beach shores

Magic Carpet Daytona beach shores

thats all I know that I think are good picks

in the order I placed them in.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mom and Pop Motels?

Do you mean hotels that are not chain hotels that are small?I have heard good things about the Saxony motel on Ocean ave(very close to the pier).I have heard even better things about Tropical Manor,shoreline suites,Perry's,and Sun Viking.I hope this helps.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mom and Pop Motels?

You may also want to try Ocean Court.

Daytona Beach
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Mom and Pop Motels?

You should look into the Sunny Shore Motel. Everyone that has stayed there comes back. My family has stayed there for over 25 years. Very clean and very nice people!

Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mom and Pop Motels?

Sunny Shore Motel, Del Aire Motel and Royal Beach Motel has been sold to the Oceans Resorts Group.

Looking for a top class small hotel - go to daytonabeach.com and click on Superior Small Lodgings. Daytona has a shortage of hotel rooms and will get worse in 2006 - there are still quite a few scheduled for demolition.

Peoria
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mom and Pop Motels?

Thanks for the replies, I'll check 'em out!

Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mom and Pop Motels?

Ditto for using Superior Small Lodging site.

You also might checkout New Smyrna Beach just south of Daytona Beach--great place!

Peoria
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mom and Pop Motels?

Thanks Seahorse.

We stayed @ New Smyrna last year. Nice place, neat town. Problem is that it's a bit farther than we want to be from the Ormond Beach area, which is where most of the Bike Week action is heading towards.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,682 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mom and Pop Motels?

There are two motels which are "family-owned" I can recommend, one is American-owned and one is not.

American-owned Royal Holiday Beach Motel in Daytona Beach Shores near the Sunglow Pier is one we stayed at in Fall, 2005. It was excellent and had very large rooms and full efficiency kitchens.

Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, also in Daytona Beach Shores just 1/2 mile north of Dunlawton Bridge, is the non-American owned motel we stayed at in Fall, 2004. Bigger than Royal Holiday, with three floors, but comparable in niceness.

Both of these are not "dirt cheap" during high season by any means, but off-season rates are somewhat reasonable for both places.

We've been trying out new places the last two years since our old place, where we stayed for over 10 years, was demolished after the 2004 hurricanes. We were told that many of the "mom and pop" motels in Daytona simply couldn't afford to rebuild under the new building codes after the hurricanes did their damage. Lots of new laws and regulations about handicapped access and such, which of course the insurance adjusters didn't include in the claim checks for repairs.

Good Luck as these places are slowly, but surely going away.

columbus,Oh
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mom and Pop Motels?

we are looking for a place thats Nice and cheap. (isn't everyone) But we rent 3 rooms when we come down , we bring our whole family. We just like the Mom & Pop motel's seem to be a little more friendly.Seem's like eveytime we find one they tear it down.

Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach