We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice hotel downtown

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, ON Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a nice hotel downtown

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are travelling to Daytona Beach near the end of April 2006 for the Richard Petty Driving Experience and are looking for a nice hotel downtown. We want to be close to some clubs and nice restaurants as well. After reading many reviews online from various sources I thought I would try here for some "real" advice.

Thanks very much in advance,

Douce

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice hotel downtown

Hey Douce, You're from Ottawa too! Cool anyways I would try the Hilton, Bahama House, Sun Viking. The Hilton is very nice and I'm sure you'd enjoy it, there are a lot of restaurents around that area including Julians and if you want great seafood I would suggest the River Grill, Ponce Inlet or the Less fancy Boondocks, Hope I could help... Have a great trip

rock falls il
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice hotel downtown

oceanwalk resort is right next door to the hilton and is much nicer.. have fun. i have been going to daytona a

couple times a year for 35 years...

Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a nice hotel downtown

Yes I agree you would be much happoer at the ocean walk. The rooms are much nicer and all the hotel perks are much better and parking is the pits at the hiltion.

You will have to drive for restaurants and some clubs or use the bus system here in town which is nice.

Check out

Inlet harbor for great seafood

Charlie Hourse has great steaks and catfish( if you like it)

also there is alot of new building going on right now and a few new places open up so you will have to check back after the first of the year to see wants new.

hope this helps you out some

Ottawa, ON Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a nice hotel downtown

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for your quick and inforamative responses.

We did some additional research and decided to go with the Hilton seeing it was about $100US a night cheaper and with my girlfriend being a Hilton Platinum Rewards Member, we get free upgraded rooms and free breakfast.

I will definately post a review once the trip is over.

Thanks again,

Douce

Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach