We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton or Oceanwalk Resort?

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton or Oceanwalk Resort?

Hi...I am trying to decide if I want to stay at the Hilton in Daytona Beach or the Oceanwalk Resort. I'll be traveling with my boys who are 13, 11, and 8. Nice pool, clean, and oceanfront are very important to us. We'll only be there for about two or three nights. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton or Oceanwalk Resort?

Hey there, why not search up both hotels on the front page and make the judgement in which one would be right for you?

But anyways, Both hotels are nice, The Hilton is nice and the Ocean Walk Resort is nice, I would suggest the Ocean Walk Resort, it has a big pool, Amazing view of the ocean, and it's right on the beach, it's also a resort. The Hilton is also nice, but I would recommend the Ocean Walk Resort, the ratings for both hotels are very high, I would make the decision yourself.

Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton or Oceanwalk Resort?

the ocean walk is my pick they have a great pool deck with a lazy river it very nice. the rooms are all very very nice and they have a great food area and I think more kid friendly. the Hilton is nice also but the ocean walk I think is the better pick. Either one is right next to the ocean walk shoppes which have some great shopes and food area's. Depending on the time of year you are comming the ocean park is just across the street.

hope this helps you some

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton or Oceanwalk Resort?

Hi travelcoll,

I'm your neighbor to the south (Ohio)!

Based on your requirements, my vote would be the Ocean Walk!! We stayed there for the first time this past Aug. (you can read my review by typing "Fairfield Ocean Walk Resort" in the search box above and to the left. Then you can click to read reviews. There are lots of reviews; mine is titled "We didn't want to leave!".

My 14 and 16 yr. old boys loved it, as did my dh!! There were a lot of activities offered for kids of all ages; and adults can either keep very busy with activities...or just lay around and relax! :-) If you go there, make sure you get an Ocean Front or Ocean View room (preferably Ocean FRONT); they are gorgeous!! When we first walked in, it truly took our breath away! There are some rooms that look into the HALLWAY (called "B lock-out" or 'city view' rooms...from their windows, you see the hallway windows which look out towards the city), and I don't think anyone would like those. Hope that didn't confuse you!

I've never stayed at the Hilton, but it is right next door to the Ocean Walk Resort. Walking by the Hilton, beachside, I noticed that their balconies were about 12-24 inches deep, *if that*, just big enough to step out and only stand! It truly looked like those standing practically had their behinds touching the sliding glass door behind them! The Ocean Walk has really nice balconies with two chairs and a little table (room for several people to hang out), so there's quite a bit more room. HTHs some. After reading the reviews, feel free to ask questions if you have them. There are quite a few Ocean Walk fans here who would probably be happy to try to answer your questions, including myself.

~Lori :-)

P.S. When are you thinking of going?

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton or Oceanwalk Resort?

I was at the Ocean Walk at the end of July.My 2 boys just loved it.I loved the lazy river and the space the rooms have.The Hilton is not a condo just an average hotel room.Ocean walk has full kitchen and bedroom with a door for privacy.The indoor putt-putt is free and fun.They have activities for kids and adults.Parking is free and that is a plus.Hilton is like $15 a day.The balconies at the hilton are really small, and you can not sit on them like the ones at Ocean Walk.If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them.Hands down Ocean walk would be better choice.Have a great trip.

Michigan
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton or Oceanwalk Resort?

Thanks everyone! It sounds like most agree that my family won't be disappointed by the Oceanwalk Resort. We are planning on driving down over Easter week with the rest of the world. My husband is really dragging his feet about driving down again. Traffic on 75 has really picked up over the past several years. The first time we drove down we didn't hit any traffic at all. Once my husband gives me the O.K., I am going to book the OWR. Thanks again for your advice.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton or Oceanwalk Resort?

Travelcoll,

Have you ever considered cutting across from Knoxville, take I40, to I26, to 95, then on south to Daytona? We drive this from KY and much prefer it to I75, it seems more scenic and you aren't in Georgia for such a long drive. The only major cities you go through are Columbia, SC and Jacksonville, but neither are as bad as Atlanta traffic! Just a thought!

Michigan
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton or Oceanwalk Resort?

TeachrSue,

We've talked about trying a new route. It's just so hard to give up the familiar drive. We'll have to give it some serious consideration this year. Thanks for the suggestion.

Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach