We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving on 8/9/05

Cincinnati
9 posts
Save Topic
Leaving on 8/9/05

Hello My hubby and I are going to DB on 8/9 and I would like help on a couple of theings:

First which hotel is best:

Plaza OC, BWestern Laplaya, BWestern Mayan, Holiday inn,Ivanhoe,HolidayInn I-95. We are coming down on a tour and they will book our hotel. We will have a say in where we stay buy not sure which one is best. We would LOVE to be in the center of things but the most inportant is a CLEAN hotel. I CAN NOT AND WILL NOT stay in a crappy hotel. I did hear alot about the club Razzls and ocean deck and would like to be close to these places, but we do have a car to drive also.

Next -

We wolud love to take a day trip (1or2hrs drive tops). Thought about Orlando but i don't want to do the parks, so what's the use. Where could we go to have a nice time?

Also any other info would be great, have never been to FL and would like to get the most out of our trip.

TIA

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Leaving on 8/9/05

Make sure to drive just a few miles on A1A south of DB into Ponce Inlet and follow the signs to the lighthouse. There is also a park at the end of A1A and some restaurants in that area.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Leaving on 8/9/05

Inlet Harbor is down there and is fantastic. Good food, nice bands, etc. Lighthouse rest is there too. Not bad, good view. You have the chance to see dolphins in the river and manatee too.

Gainesville, GA
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Leaving on 8/9/05

Whatever you do, make sure that you don't stay at the Ivanhoe. My husband and I stayed there a few years ago, it was terrible. It is just a very old, crappy hotel. Plaza OC, Laplaya or the Mayan are all fairly nice hotels. I personally haven't stayed at any of them, but have seen them several times. My grandparents have a home in Daytona. I have been vacationing there for about 23 years. If you have any more questions feel free to ask, I can probably help.